Tool Stuff on eBay

toolboogie
Bronco's Fan

Post by toolboogie »

About that 'white label undertow promo/test press cassette'...it's been confirmed authentic (by two reliable sources), as well as the Opiate version (I got both of them). The '72826 4 Track Demo' originally DID came sealed. And about that signed Lateralus vinyl: I still don't know, those signatures look fake to me in the end. I own one of these (Adam also poorly added a mohawk and a cigarette on the 'face' on his side) and my sigs look very much alike. Never got convinced they are the real deal. 
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Former 4theye member, Noname, has decided to sell his professionally framed TooL posters on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/jared9845golf/m ... 7675.l2562
vuduuu
Bronco's Fan

Post by vuduuu »

That's a shame he's selling those.. hopefully for nothing desperate.. US Medical system being as awful as it is and all!  I am glad I only like having posters for gigs I attended as those would be quite nice on the wall...
phox_
Has been

Post by phox_ »

Damn, I got mine framed like that.  Didn't think it would be ~$400.
Hotdog
Fanboi

Post by Hotdog »

I hope that people are just fucking around with this guy -

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 500wt_1361
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Hotdog said

Price doesn't seem high enough to be fucking around.  Fools and their money are soon parted I guess...
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said

Hotdog said

Price doesn't seem high enough to be fucking around.  Fools and their money are soon parted I guess...

LOL, well that vindication came quickly, didn't it? How long ago did they officially sell out? Now they're popping up on eBay at TWICE the price?

Yeah, I must be fucking Nostradamus.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

crow011 said

hellboy1975 said

Hotdog said

LOL, well that vindication came quickly, didn't it? How long ago did they officially sell out? Now they're popping up on eBay at TWICE the price?

There might be one or two sellers get lucky selling to idiots.  I don't think we'll see them twice the price on Ebay for long.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said

crow011 said

hellboy1975 said

Hotdog said

There might be one or two sellers get lucky selling to idiots.  I don't think we'll see them twice the price on Ebay for long.

Well if it isn't Mr Diplomatic. LOL, I'll play that game too, in the interest of civility:

You MAY be right, but I think people nowadays realise how lucrative the TOOL fanboi market is. I think we'll see more than a few in the coming weeks - my hunch is hitting about $500 for one or two of them.

In terms of exploitation, however, it would make me feel better if you were right.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

My thought is mainly that we'll see plenty of them on Ebay, but as there will be many there, prices will drop over time as it's obvious no one is buying them.  We need to bear in mind that seeing them listed on Ebay is not the same thing as them selling for that price.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy1975 said
My thought is mainly that we'll see plenty of them on Ebay, but as there will be many there, prices will drop over time as it's obvious no one is buying them.  We need to bear in mind that seeing them listed on Ebay is not the same thing as them selling for that price.

The Canadians and anyone else locked-out of the toolband.com store will easily pay double to get their hands on one of these.

levba
My pain is just an excuse

Post by levba »

There is someone selling the Tool Demo Cassette 72826 on eBay.  This is the 3rd mint copy he is selling in about 6 months.  Seems strange someone has at least 3 copies.
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

toolboogie said
About that 'white label undertow promo/test press cassette'...it's been confirmed authentic (by two reliable sources), as well as the Opiate version (I got both of them). The '72826 4 Track Demo' originally DID came sealed.

levba said
There is someone selling the Tool Demo Cassette 72826 on eBay.  This is the 3rd mint copy he is selling in about 6 months.  Seems strange someone has at least 3 copies.

I called it into question back on Feb. 10th.  Toolboogie says it is legit as noted above.

I'll again call it into question regardless of what Toolboogie says about it.  Very fishy that someone has multiple originally sealed copies of 72826.  Maybe someone has multiple copies, but not originally sealed.  A sealing machine isn't that hard to come by.

aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

KERRANG just showed up today.  Nice low starting bid.

BKGG might be interested in this.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Not at that price.  I don't even have a cassette player anymore, but thank you for thinking of me.
toolboogie
Bronco's Fan

Post by toolboogie »

bigboy55693 said

toolboogie said
About that 'white label undertow promo/test press cassette'...it's been confirmed authentic (by two reliable sources), as well as the Opiate version (I got both of them). The '72826 4 Track Demo' originally DID came sealed.

levba said

I called it into question back on Feb. 10th.  Toolboogie says it is legit as noted above.

I'll again call it into question regardless of what Toolboogie says about it.  Very fishy that someone has multiple originally sealed copies of 72826.  Maybe someone has multiple copies, but not originally sealed.  A sealing machine isn't that hard to come by.

I only said that the tape "originally DID came sealed" and no, I don't know if this paricular item on Ebay, mentioned above, is the real deal. Never seen (or heard about) a counterfeit in all those years though, apart from the cd-version. Could be re-sealed, who knows. Now about that Kerrang! tape, that isn't a bad price at all, these are pretty rare, from a collector's point of view... I recently added the magazine that had the coupon for it to my collection. These tapes do pop up more on Ebay lately. I think people begin to realise it has some value.   

bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

2010 Sacramento Print showed up the other day.  Bidding at $1100 with 2 days left.  Looks like 5 people are on the bid atm.  Bit overpriced (especially with 2 days left) IMO. 

EMEK variants (20 each) might have something to say about "rarest print for Tool"
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
levba
My pain is just an excuse

Post by levba »

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

levba said
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOOL-signed-Lat ... 1c3182fbbd

Looks fake to me.

Yeah, Adam's signature looks too thick compare to most signed vinyls I've seen.  Hard to take that certificate of authenticity seriously as well.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Related searches :
KPOP Signed Album,

lol

bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

levba said
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOOL-signed-Lat ... 1c3182fbbd

Looks fake to me.

The triple wide signature is definetely weird, and DC's 'D' and 'C' are not like other examples as well.  Even more weird is when I posted this a while ago it was BiN of 350, now its $400.

CoA's like that are useless.  Only CoA I would trust is the original or a receipt with the sellers name on it.

aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
igotanopiatevinyl
Maynard Believer

Post by igotanopiatevinyl »

Def fake, horrible attempt at TOOL autographs

DCs is so blatantly forged as well as JCs
bigboy55693
Geacon

Post by bigboy55693 »

Another sealed 72826 Demo Tape showing up again...

This time from Sweden (Euro's are always a trusted source for legit stuff eh) and with "proof" he is a collector by posting a picture of his collection including an Aenima Advance CD and other goodies.

Seems to me like anyone could find that picture online and call it "their" collection in order to pass off fakes.

This is the 3-4 sealed demo in less than 3 months.  Fishy fishy. Also the fact that a Swede uses the word "Folks" alot and can't spell for shit lead me to render a verdict that all the "sealed" copies out there recently have come from this dude or someone who works with him.
aMAnAPlAnACaNalPaNamA
Bogart
Geacon

Post by Bogart »

igotanopiatevinyl said
Def fake, horrible attempt at TOOL autographs

DCs is so blatantly forged as well as JCs

If I remember correctly, on my signed album there is a number inscribed on the disc somewhere...
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Bogart said 

If I remember correctly, on my signed album there is a number inscribed on the disc somewhere...

I don't remember such a thing on mine.  Maybe I should look again...