The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by The Boss »

hellboy wrote:
The Boss wrote:
Oh, OK.

Not sure how sound that logic is with regard to this band, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
I accept your point, but the fact is that none of the members seem to have anything booked at the moment (though I could be wrong in regards to Volto!) which is the first time in recent memory this has happened. I'm sure I'm reading too much into it, but I am an optimist.
Nothing wrong with that. I just don't want your hopes dashed, that's all.

You're probably right. After all this time, there seem to be no excuses - and a desire to record something.

This could be it, everyone . . .

But, as with most good things in my life, I refuse to get my hopes up. :(
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

Know what would be rreeeaaaally fuckaluckin' awesome?

If Junior or Blair were to share some little snippet of a new tune w/Hellboi, to shine just a fragment of hope our way...

I wouldn't even ask to hear it
also, Avatar!
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I know people who have heard snippets who aren't Blair, Junior or someone in the band. Doesn't necessarily mean anything though, since it was likely just a cut from a Loft rehearsal.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

trilobite wrote:Know what would be rreeeaaaally fuckaluckin' awesome?

If Junior or Blair were to share some little snippet of a new tune w/Hellboi, to shine just a fragment of hope our way...

I wouldn't even ask to hear it
I would.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
264zn
Phony

Post by 264zn »

Is this newsletter reminding tool fans of a certain album that had additional tracks released in Europe that does exist and with a little harwork can be found? The truth us out there...

No? Oh its just another boring spiel
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The cynical part of me says the newsletter is nothing more than a thinly veiled advertisement for Darklore
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:I know people who have heard snippets who aren't Blair, Junior or someone in the band. Doesn't necessarily mean anything though, since it was likely just a cut from a Loft rehearsal.
Who? Just some people close to the band? And how long ago?

Snippets 4 years ago don't carry much weight obviously, but snippets in 2014 are promising
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

4 years ago is reasonably accurate, hence my lack of excitement. And I can't reveal my source.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:4 years ago is reasonably accurate, hence my lack of excitement. And I can't reveal my source.
Fair enough. I hope we have some solid news on the album my the end of the year. Some art, the title, release date, snippet... Anything
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
Fair enough. I hope we have some solid news on the album my the end of the year. Some art, the title, release date, snippet... Anything

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

:lol:
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Calfium Jay wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:

See, this is the problem with you. You laugh/make fun of people who post stuff like that then turn around and post excited "news" about some email you got or get caught with mega fanboi posts on other sites.

And you (and Mog for that matter) expect people NOT to give you shit for it! What a joke.
Hey! Denty!
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

[youtube][/youtube]
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

gez how long has she been the speaker for that channel?
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

POV from cinquanta [BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

Tool singer Keenan leaves Arizona Stronghold winery

http://www.azcentral.com/story/money/20 ... y/8917091/
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

The new name Al Buhl is so terrible
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
hellboy wrote:I know people who have heard snippets who aren't Blair, Junior or someone in the band. Doesn't necessarily mean anything though, since it was likely just a cut from a Loft rehearsal.
Who? Just some people close to the band? And how long ago?

Snippets 4 years ago don't carry much weight obviously, but snippets in 2014 are promising
What makes you so sure that we don't have to wait another 4 years?

Making any 2014 snippets (as if?!), completely obsolete.

JK- being a smart arse (oz).
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

another month, another bullshit newsletter.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Ravenpig wrote:
See, this is the problem with you. You laugh/make fun of people who post stuff like that then turn around and post excited "news" about some email you got or get caught with mega fanboi posts on other sites.

I'm laughing because.......well I'm all out of other ideas. This band and their legacy of laziness has me stumped. I want there to be news - more than anything. The new album, the proposed live dvd, The Pot video, the Adam and Buzzo project, heck, even the Undertow reissue. It's just.......all I can do is laugh.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

What I got from the newsletter.

New album is called voyages en kaleidoscope

(lol)
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Ravenpig wrote:
Calfium Jay wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:

And you (and Mog for that matter) expect people NOT to give you shit for it! What a joke.
"As for a release date - I think 2014 is a shoe in. When in 2014 however, is another matter. I predict sometime between May and August."
-Calfium Jay

This is the bullshit were talking about hah
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Meepiticus
Maynard Believer

Post by Meepiticus »

M0G wrote:Cool pic. I would have loved to have gone to Stumpfest. Some awesome bands were part of that line up. Dig how they do the small, intimate venue thing. Would love to see it grow beyond just the Pacific Northwest and see it hit some other cities.
There's loose plans to host 2 Stumpfests in the future, 1 in Portland in the spring and 1 in LA in the fall. From what I gathered there's concern that their current Portland venue, Mississippi Studios, might have become too small to host the event after its third year of running and growing attendance. This'll have Rynne and her peeps looking for a larger venue to accommodate. I'd be a sad-puppy if they just ditched Portland altogether and moved it all down to LA.

Also heard that they were gunning to have Intronaut headline one of the nights this year but they ended pulling out because the band had a scheduling conflict. Might see them at Stumpfest next year if things work out.

~meep
M0G
Lungsmen

Post by M0G »

Meepiticus wrote:
M0G wrote:Cool pic. I would have loved to have gone to Stumpfest. Some awesome bands were part of that line up. Dig how they do the small, intimate venue thing. Would love to see it grow beyond just the Pacific Northwest and see it hit some other cities.
There's loose plans to host 2 Stumpfests in the future, 1 in Portland in the spring and 1 in LA in the fall. From what I gathered there's concern that their current Portland venue, Mississippi Studios, might have become too small to host the event after its third year of running and growing attendance. This'll have Rynne and her peeps looking for a larger venue to accommodate. I'd be a sad-puppy if they just ditched Portland altogether and moved it all down to LA.

Also heard that they were gunning to have Intronaut headline one of the nights this year but they ended pulling out because the band had a scheduling conflict. Might see them at Stumpfest next year if things work out.

~meep
Fuck me Intronaut headlining that is jerk it material right there. Stumpfest needs to come to the east coast. DC would be perfect.

@Rynne - Fuck Tool. Your boyfriend is still cool. You rock. Make it happen.

Shit while I am on this day dream...Danny quits Tool and joins Intronaut to create the best thing in the history of the multiverse. Danny Carey and Danny Walker both drumming. Intronaut with two fucking drummers and the monster that is Joe on Bass holy fucking shit.
The most intelligent person on this forum
Ettan
Dopocalyptic

Post by Ettan »

someone help me find the promo vid / teaser for either 10k days or the vicarious vid. don't recall which one it is. It is two eyes and some lightning I believe and vicarious playing in the background.