Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I can't hate it. It's a mess for sure, but I can see how it could have been great.
Don't mow your lawn
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

Too many fonts... and clouds and sun rays. I hop he has embraced that tat :?
Professor of Lesbian Science
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

hahahahahahahaha "I hope he has embraced that tat." Me too. Me too.

That's so bad I have to wonder if it's intentionally humorous.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

He had to endure the pain of getting the tattoo. And now the ridicule will be even more painful. For the rest of his days.

There's a good chance he's lurking here... if so: Sorry dude. Choices... it's all about choices.
Ki77aan :twisted:
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

Yeah if you're rubbernecking: it's all in good fun. But man... would not get. Would never get lyrics first off, and would never get an amalgamation like that tattooed either. But hey... it's all subjective. Should I one day get one I'm sure it'll look sufficiently dumb some years after.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

The Boss wrote:I just thought about something the other day:

The new album is going to have a monumental impact on the TOOL online community. That's not hyperbole: TOOL fans are that fucking fanatic, that we're all going to come together and just be blissing out for weeks, maybe months, on end. It's going to absolutely rock this forum, and I imagine we'll see shockwaves right around the internet in the weirdest of places.

It's going to be fantastic, even if the album is not particularly great. All the community-building, the bonding, the bullshit - everything will finally have a meaning and purpose. We'll put aside any differences, large and small, just so we can metaphorically hug each other. We'll make new friends, bump into old acquaintances. Shit will be really different for quite a while.

You could absolutely not expect that with any other band.

Really think about it. I can't see it happening any other way.
I hope this is right on, but I doubt it.

It's going to be split into two camps, the majority who love/like it and the very vocal minority who dislike/hate it.

I think there's already a good amount of people who've made up their minds about this mythical album (both ways) before it's even out.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ravenpig wrote:I think there's already a good amount of people who've made up their minds about this mythical album (both ways) before it's even out.
I'm going to bet that all the people who've been complaining about progress on the new album are not going to be satisfied with the results.

I think everybody else will like it.
Don't mow your lawn
trilobite
Rhandy

Post by trilobite »

That was the Tools plans the wholes times!!

To brings tha peoples togethers!!

No wonder its taken so longs!!!!

Peace love and harmony!!! Zomg!!!!!
also, Avatar!
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I complain constantly about these slack asses, but I'm not expecting a shitty album. I don't expect a great album either. I hope they surprise me. The new seques sure do sound a lot like 10k days riffs. All too familiar for my taste. I'm sure I'll still enjoy it when it comes out in 2016. For now, I'm off to see Primus w/ DC in a week. RavenPig, let me know if you want to grab a beer or something at the show..
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

I heard Salival for the first time last night. For real. Never heard it before. Haven't watched the dvd yet but I'm not really crossing my fingers over it.

The live version of Pushit is quite nice and a surprise. Other than that - no big deal. Nothing I'd wank over. The new Twilight album is much, MUCH better...
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:
Ravenpig wrote:I think there's already a good amount of people who've made up their minds about this mythical album (both ways) before it's even out.
I'm going to bet that all the people who've been complaining about progress on the new album are not going to be satisfied with the results.

Exactly. Are we sure we aren't the same person?
Hey! Denty!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Bill Hilly wrote:I complain constantly about these slack asses, but I'm not expecting a shitty album. I don't expect a great album either. I hope they surprise me. The new seques sure do sound a lot like 10k days riffs. All too familiar for my taste. I'm sure I'll still enjoy it when it comes out in 2016. For now, I'm off to see Primus w/ DC in a week. RavenPig, let me know if you want to grab a beer or something at the show..
Yeeeaaaa about my Denver trip... It's not happening. School 's gonna be a huge bitch next week. It fucking blows.
Hey! Denty!
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

I can definitely relate with that. I'm in the middle of my MBA right now. Fortunately for me, I am close to Denver. Sorry you can't make it, man. Good luck with school.
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Ravenpig wrote:
UndKeineZwEier wrote:

Exactly. Are we sure we aren't the same person?
I thought we were the same person?
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Does Ravenpig like Revocation?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Do I?
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

What?
Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

On occasion I venture into r/toolband and I found this in there today. A video of the "bottle" incident I seem to remember reading about years ago.

Honestly, props to May Jay for coming back. I would've fucking booked it.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

King Buzzo did.
Don't mow your lawn
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

Haha yeah freaking Arizona show! The first Tool concert for my woman to attend to and the one song she really wanted to see and knew was 46 and two. Go figure. Maynard wasn't feeling good from the get go that night either, was a little sad. He was getting into it, had his shirt off and grooving, but as you can see when he came back he had shirt and jacket on with his hat and glasses, crossed his arms and just stood there. What was funny was that the rest of the band was jamming hard and didn't even notice Maynard leave. The next verse they all look at each other and shrugged like "wtf?". Quote of the night "some of you need to find a better way to express your fucking love". Now each time they come to az. All bottled water is poured into a cup.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:King Buzzo did.
As he should. The stigma of "this will STOP THE FUCKING SHOW SO DON'T DO IT" should hang heavy over any artistic performance, in my opinion.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I don't know. I think I'd prefer if assholes didn't have an easy way to stop a show they don't like.
Don't mow your lawn
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

It's a balancing act for sure, but I can't ever get pissed if and when an artist decides to say "fuck it" and cuts it off. Obviously, it's GREAT if they find a way around it. But throwing objects is dangerous and you also can't encourage the audience to throw shit so you get some humorous interaction/attention out of it. Ignoring it is also the wrong course I think.

Insert all the Maynard, Josh Homme, Trent Reznor, Les Claypool and Melvins videos here to show the spectrum of how to handle this haha.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

joeypants wrote:but I can't ever get pissed
Oh, I understand completely. I don't begrudge Buzzo or anybody for leaving for something like that.
Don't mow your lawn
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

I can tell you that the ass monkey who threw the bottle got kicked out, the people around him shoved him towards security to let them handle him. That happened like only 3 songs in. I saw Maynard get hit throw his mic down and walk off, I seriously wasn't sure if he was going to come back out. There was quite a long gap after the pot, trying to remember I think Danny got up and left then came back, they sat for a little talking with each other then started in on 46. I always wondered if that incident took a song off the setlist. Either way can't blame him for leaving just glad they continued the show