Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game

Discussions on gaming, gadgets and other technology related topics
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Re: Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Kittaan wrote:
hellboy wrote:Not sure how I could be more productive with a Mac to be honest. Those who complain Windows are inefficient are usually those who haven't bothered to learn how, yet are somehow under the illusion that dumping a extra grand on a Mac makes keyboard shortcuts more attractive.
I didn't pay anywhere near an extra 1K on a Mac vs equivalent PC. That's total hyperbole.

Anyway, glad you are happy with your PC. Nothing wrong with it.
Fuck you both Linux FTW

Fuck PC gaming. I spend all day on a computer, working on Servers. Gimme a console, headset, and zero fucks about any PC master race nonsense.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I don't care about the whole PC Master Race thing to be honest. The reality for me is that most of the games I prefer to play are ones that require a mouse and keyboard, and are not best enjoyed on the couch. I don't care much for online multiplayer shooters that seems to popular these days, partially because I'm shit at them, and partially because I find them overly repetitive.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

hellboy wrote:I don't care about the whole PC Master Race thing to be honest. The reality for me is that most of the games I prefer to play are ones that require a mouse and keyboard, and are not best enjoyed on the couch. I don't care much for online multiplayer shooters that seems to popular these days, partially because I'm shit at them, and partially because I find them overly repetitive.
^ Yeah I know I am just busting your balls. I get a kick out of watching the PC cats and the Console cats go to war over shit. Sometimes I even stir the pot I just can't help myself.

I enjoy multiplayer shooters but some are highly repetitive. I hate Call of Duty for example, with a passion. I am good at most multiplayer shooters, but I am by no means elite. I just don't spend enough time playing multiplayer to get to that level. I enjoy myself, but the single player campaign is always far more important to me. If it happens to have fun co-op and good multiplayer then cool, that is a bonus. I have gamed with some guys that literally only play multiplayer shooters and their reaction times are insane. Played against some esports pros once and got absolutely destroyed. It was a good time though. Those guys put in a crazy amount of time practicing.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

[youtube][/youtube]
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

[youtube][/youtube]
- You like noisy music?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Kinda hoping I don't get a job before this comes out!
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

- You like noisy music?
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Hey!! She's really pretty!!!!

(And I'll bet he doesn't even really PLAY Fallout!! Sheesh..!)
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Available: 9 November
This game will unlock in approximately 1 day and 3 hours
Getting closer! Might be having a late one tomorrow night!

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

As much as I'm looking forward to this though, I have a few concerns:
  • I'm worried that the voice acting and dialog system looks significantly dumbed down
  • I'm worried that the plot, factions and setting seem a uninteresting
  • I'm worried that the crafting system will be a bit half-assed as it was in FNV
  • I'm worried I won't be able to choose whether to use the male or female lone wanderer
I've ordered anyway, because even if it just meets the usual Bethesda RPG specs then it will be a game I'll enjoy for many hours.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

In regards to 1 and 2, it is Bethesda and they're not exactly renowned for their story and dialog. #4 is an odd one, what makes you think you won't be able to choose the gender of your character?
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:In regards to 1 and 2, it is Bethesda and they're not exactly renowned for their story and dialog.
Understood, still just having A choose good option, B choose bad option and Y ask questions for pretty much everything seems overly simplistic.
UndKeineZwEier wrote:#4 is an odd one, what makes you think you won't be able to choose the gender of your character?
It was a joke - I thought you of all people would have got that!
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote:As much as I'm looking forward to this though, I have a few concerns:
  • I'm worried that the voice acting and dialog system looks significantly dumbed down
  • I'm worried that the plot, factions and setting seem a uninteresting
  • I'm worried that the crafting system will be a bit half-assed as it was in FNV
  • I'm worried I won't be able to choose whether to use the male or female lone wanderer
I've ordered anyway, because even if it just meets the usual Bethesda RPG specs then it will be a game I'll enjoy for many hours.

Pre ordered too. I was worried that PC versions were going to sell out too quickly. Picking it up at 9am tomorrow.

Bizarrely there's NOTHING I have seen so far in ANY preview that screams "THIS GAME WILL NOT RUN ON YOUR PC!!!!!" which was my biggest concern. The graphics in the latest Wolfenstein game CRAP all over what I've seen in Fallout 4 so far - and that runs on my PC flawlessly and looks like a HD blu ray charm!!

The characterisations in F4 are some of the clunkiest I've seen in a while. No idea why the PC specs they announced were so goddamned high.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Well, seems good so far. Some thoughts after a couple of hours playing:
  • Gunplay is better than F3/NV but it's still a little clunky (perhaps because I picked a character with higher non-combat skills)
  • Doesn't really stray much from the usual formula. It's more or less like playing a shinier version of FNV
  • I still don't like the dialog system
  • Seems to run pretty smoothly on PC. Reviews around the place seem to suggest that the console versions are pretty buggy, but so far I've encountered no problems.
Looking forward to playing some more in the morning.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

hellboy wrote:
  • Gunplay is better than F3/NV but it's still a little clunky (perhaps because I picked a character with higher non-combat skills)
That concerns me quite a bit. Bethesda brought the iD guys in to help them get the shooting mechanics right. Fallout 3 shooting sucked balls. It should be miles better than F3. Can you clarify a bit? Does it feel like a proper shooter? (within the framework of an RPG yada yes i know yada)
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:
hellboy wrote:It should be miles better than F3. Can you clarify a bit? Does it feel like a proper shooter? (within the framework of an RPG yada yes i know yada)
It's better than F3, but not miles better.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

"95% loaded.."

thank Christ. This has taken 3 hours so far to load.

Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

Nope. Won't run on my PC!!

FUCK OFF!!!!!

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

LOL, no problems on mine, it even suggested I use Ultra settings, despite being a few years old (though with a newish graphics card)
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

It plays...finally. But not in full screen mode.

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Wierd - have you tried Windowed and Borderless?
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

^^^ PC Master Race .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Works like a charm on the XBox One

Might even buy a copy for the PS4 for shits and giggles just to have it in case anything ever happened to the XBox One.

See how that works, having both consoles? Highly useful ;)

Okay so joking aside Cal have you made sure your computer has the proper specs to run Fallout 4???? Do you have a proper gaming machine? You are not an idiot so I can't imagine you would not have checked that but I had to ask.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:Do you have a proper gaming machine? .

Yes and no. But mostly no.

THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Calfium Jay wrote:
THE1TRUEMOG wrote:Do you have a proper gaming machine? .

Yes and no. But mostly no.
Cal I love ya like a 3rd cousin but why you trying to play Fallout 4 on a shitty pc? You had to know how that was gonna turn out.

So first impressions:

The shooting feels so much better. The game looks great. It is a tad buggy but that is to be expected. I would be playing it non stop if I could just pull myself away from the power and the glory that is Halo 5. Warzone calls out to me. Longshot BR and adapted Promethean style SMG. Oh so much win right there. Those young COD loving bastards might be able to get me in Arena but not in Warzone. That is my house.
Calfium Jay
Queric

Post by Calfium Jay »

It plays 3/4 screen now. Not the best out come but better than nothing.

My PC is one of those things that's just a big fancy looking screen - no PC tower. The computer is inside the screen. Just looks like a flat screen tv. It's not "mine" per se. Belongs to the family. Been meaning to get a really good gaming PC for a while now, but I'd rather spend my money on other things.

It plays every other game I have beautifully though, including Skyrim - which is weird. I wouldn't say F4 is graphically better than Skyrim.

Anyway, back to Skyrim - great game, however every single thing that attacks you is approximately 10,000 times harder to kill than the same thing in Fallout 3.

Even the bloat flies kill me quickly. Even in "easy" mode.

Fuck!!