Tool USA Tour 2016

Discuss Tool live shows both past and future
nxrm
Living Duller

Re: Tool USA Tour 2016

Post by nxrm »

Kittaan wrote:Thanks for the heads up Norm! I was hoping there would be a NorCal show, so this is welcome news. However, sucks that it's at BGA again in that it's a zoo getting a decent spot. Better than it being at an arena like Oakland or San Jose though...

I may have to bag the SD trip now. Harder to justify if they're coming here.... glad I didn't yet pull the trigger on Saturday night tix.
Best of luck with getting the SF tickets on Friday.

As for Saturday in SD, I totally understand. Decent tickets (price & location) are still scarce for that show.

Looks like I'll actually end up sitting this tour out.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

nxrm wrote:Best of luck with getting the SF tickets on Friday.

As for Saturday in SD, I totally understand. Decent tickets (price & location) are still scarce for that show.

Looks like I'll actually end up sitting this tour out.
Bummer it worked out this way, especially if it means you're not going to a show. We will have to hit up a show together one of these days.
Ki77aan :twisted:
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

^Absolutely! Once the new album is released! I imagine it'll be something like this by then.

markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Lol at how they've gone about announcing dates for this tour. Some amateur-hour bullshit from these "businessmen."
I like to poop naked.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

markuspoop wrote:Lol at how they've gone about announcing dates for this tour. Some amateur-hour bullshit from these "businessmen."
Maybe Junior can weigh in, but I assume this has a lot to do with the small window between the decision to actually do the tour and the dates themselves. They probably want to announce the dates that they can when they're locked in, and deal with the few stragglers being released even later rather than the whole thing going up at a later time.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

joeypants wrote:
markuspoop wrote:Lol at how they've gone about announcing dates for this tour. Some amateur-hour bullshit from these "businessmen."
Maybe Junior can weigh in, but I assume this has a lot to do with the small window between the decision to actually do the tour and the dates themselves. They probably want to announce the dates that they can when they're locked in, and deal with the few stragglers being released even later rather than the whole thing going up at a later time.
Yeah, I imagine that's the main reason why the dates trickle in - most tours are oganised months in advance, where it seems as this came about only because of the Monster Mash show. It makes it pretty tough on fans though, that's for sure...
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

The main thing that's really difficult is when the tickets/dates are announced and go onsale all within a matter of days. If you're in the middle of a pay-period and generally live paycheck to paycheck, it's hard to suddenly scrounge up $200 for face-value seats. But... it is what it is. Concert tickets and their acquisition have always been a shitshow in one way or another so this just seems like same song, 6th verse to me.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

I am really stoked they are doing a SF show before the San Diego shows because they will be a little more on point and tight. They are pros and have been playing these songs for years but the Halloween show had a couple of mess ups, so I had heard. It was a one off show so I can understand if they weren't as tight. I will have to avoid this site after the SF show because I don't have any restraint to not look at the setlist, haha. I always looked that the setlists but the 2012 tour and 2014 tour I didn't look and really enjoyed the show more not known what is next. I actually hope they play 2 SF shows and really get into the groove. Very excited!
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

the chill wrote:I actually hope they play 2 SF shows and really get into the groove...
Hey man! Two SF shows?! Really. Two SF shows, followed by two SD shows?! Not cool.

There's a fairly decent sized metropolis about two-thirds of the way from SF to SD that would like some Tool love ya know.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Hahaha^ ok 1 SF and 1 LA :D
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

the chill wrote:Hahaha^ ok 1 SF and 1 LA :D
Okay, cool. Now that it's settled:

Hey, Junior...can you make that happen? It'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
bonebroke
Geacon

Post by bonebroke »

why is the ticket limit 8.
who buys 8 tickets besides professional scalpers.

Why don't you limit the max to 4 or 2?
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

joeypants wrote:
I can't offer any insight to the way they do business, because it's none of mine.
This tour was put together very quickly and wasn't expected, so I'd say that has a lot to do with how it's being announced. It's not easy putting together a coherent string of available arenas this time of year.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

nxrm wrote:
the chill wrote:Hahaha^ ok 1 SF and 1 LA :D
Okay, cool. Now that it's settled:

Hey, Junior...can you make that happen? It'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
I definitely hold no influence in that department. I found out about the San Francisco show yesterday morning in Oakland from an employee at the Fox Theatre. That one wasn't even on the radar, as far as I knew.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Thanks again junior! You must be doing lights for Puscifer? I will be at the LA show on the 11th. You always do great work and very excited for the show. Look out for the long haired hippy wannabe, jk. If I see I will most likely not bug ya. I bugged ya once a long time ago and you gave me a setlist after the show and it made me very happy.
also known as . . .
My pain is just an excuse

Post by also known as . . . »

Gonna Doooo SF, how boooot choooose?
seen'em everywhere man
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

bonebroke wrote:why is the ticket limit 8.

Or give ToolArmy members a chance at tickets via a presale. They had no trouble setting up $500 VIP tickets though.
azbay
RIP

Post by azbay »

bonebroke wrote:why is the ticket limit 8.

If I had the means I would buy 8 tickets to resell at face value to like minded peeps here.
fortysixand2 wrote:Or give ToolArmy members a chance at tickets via a presale. They had no trouble setting up $500 VIP tickets though.
If other bands can do it why doesn't Tool look into it is what I wonder as well? Last time NIN rolled into the Az. here I was able to buy pre-sale tickets that actually had my name printed on them all nice and fancy :D . Also it wasn't a cluster fack and didn't cause any delays or have any problems of getting in, just sayin....
mattw
Geacon

Post by mattw »

^I took advantage of the NIN ticket thing back in September 2013 and it was totally trouble free. Printing names on tickets and collecting at the venue will call was no big deal. TOOL should do something similar.

I did notice though the San Francisco show won't release tickets to at least December 18. Not sure if that deters scalpers too much but at least it's something.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

mattw wrote: I did notice though the San Francisco show won't release tickets to at least December 18. Not sure if that deters scalpers too much but at least it's something.
The tickets go on sale at noon today, local time...

And +1 for NIN pre-sales, you don't even have to pay a NINarmy (heh) fee. The one downside would be is your stuck with tickets if plans change but think most of us our willing to take that chance.
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Wow, that was pretty disappointing... got the "Sorry..." message exactly at 12:00pm Pacific... Tried another 25 or so times on both phone and computer.... no luck.

But then, magically, I got 4 for SF on 1/6/16.

I only need two at this point. I will be happy to hook up another fan at face, but I need a guarantee you won't resell. I am sick of getting screwed over by scalpers and won't feed into that shit.

PM me if you need.
Ki77aan :twisted:
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

^Congratulations on getting tickets Kittaan! I'm sure you'll find someone in need of two.
also known as . . .
My pain is just an excuse

Post by also known as . . . »

Kittaan wrote:Wow, that was pretty disappointing... got the "Sorry..." message exactly at 12:00pm Pacific... Tried another 25 or so times on both phone and computer.... no luck.

But then, magically, I got 4 for SF on 1/6/16.

I only need two at this point. I will be happy to hook up another fan at face, but I need a guarantee you won't resell. I am sick of getting screwed over by scalpers and won't feed into that shit.

PM me if you need.
Eh Kittan...... its st1nkf1st here?! I am gonna try to hit up the 2nd show on the 7th
seen'em everywhere man
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

ADDED 2ND SAN FRANCISCO SHOW

Due to popular demand, a second TOOL SHOW has been ADDED for THURSDAY, JANUARY 7th at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium. TICKETS will go ON-SALE TOMORROW (SATURDAY, DECEMBER 12) at 10:00 AM PST.
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

WTF!!! Los Angeles gets the shaft again.