Opiate2

The Main Event
earthrocker
Rhandy
Height: Short

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by earthrocker »

Taking it back to the beginning, Tool celebrates the 30th anniversary of their first commercially-available release, Opiate, with a re-imagined and extended version of the EP’s title track and an accompanying short film. “Opiate2” (pronounced Opiate Squared) is available via streaming services on March 1, with the Blu-ray only visual companion available on March 18 (pre-order link in bio).

Visual artist @dominic_hailstone_ (“Alien: Covenant”, “The Eel”) worked with Adam on the 10-plus minute film, which is the band’s first new video in 15 years. Dominic and Adam also collaborated on the filmed pieces featured on the current Fear Inoculum tour.

Attachments
Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 17.50.38.png
Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 17.50.38.png (200.28 KiB) Viewed 21131 times
Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 17.50.28.png
Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 17.50.28.png (190.03 KiB) Viewed 21131 times
Deftones!
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Old news Earth… :lol:

How many more Opiate re-releases must we endure!! Oh wait, this isn’t The Grudge…
Ki77aan :twisted:
earthrocker
Rhandy

Post by earthrocker »

Kittaan wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:07 am Old news Earth… :lol:

How many more Opiate re-releases must we endure!! Oh wait, this isn’t The Grudge…
bollocks. Ryan got in first....a second post won't hurt. Go give them 50 dollars for a one track EP!
Deftones!
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

Kittaan wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:07 am Old news Earth… :lol:

you will endure them until morale improves :lol:
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Opiate2 is a special limited edition package, that includes a reimagined and extended version of the TOOL classic track. The song is presented on a blu-ray DVD that features a ground breaking short film directed by Dominic Hailstone. Bonus features include insight and observation from special guests, and this blu-ray disc comes in a special 46 page hardcover art book that includes behind the scences and making of photos. The song was originally released in 1992. TOOL have been performing this version of the song live on tour, but this is the first time the studio version of this song is available, along with a stunning visual in a commemorative package.
Preorder here: https://www.amazon.com/TOOL-Opiate-2/dp/B09S61YPW6
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

Serious?
This might be the first time I just wait for the song to pop up on youtube and download it.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Can't wait for it to hit rarbg!
Canned audience laughter
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Opiate2

Post by hellboy »

Two new Tool release announcements in a week. What a time to be alive!
Taking it back to the beginning, Tool celebrates the 30th anniversary of their first commercially-available release, Opiate, with a re-imagined and extended version of the EP’s title track and an accompanying short film. “Opiate2” (pronounced Opiate Squared) is available via streaming services on March 1, with the Blu-ray only visual companion available on March 18 (pre-order on Amazon).

Visual artist Dominic Hailstone (“Alien: Covenant”, “The Eel”) worked with Adam on the 10-plus minute film, which is the band’s first new video in 15 years. Dominic and Adam also collaborated on the filmed pieces featured on the current Fear Inoculum tour.
And from Amazon:
Opiate2 is a special limited edition package, that includes a reimagined and extended version of the TOOL classic track. The song is presented on a blu-ray DVD that features a ground breaking short film directed by Dominic Hailstone. Bonus features include insight and observation from special guests, and this blu-ray disc comes in a special 46 page hardcover art book that includes behind the scences and making of photos. The song was originally released in 1992. TOOL have been performing this version of the song live on tour, but this is the first time the studio version of this song is available, along with a stunning visual in a commemorative package.
hellboy
Site Admin

Re: Opiate2

Post by hellboy »

rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

this should have just been a part of the re-release from a few years ago, to justify the $250 price tag. I still feel like an idiot for buying that.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

rinkwhopper wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:23 pm this should have just been a part of the re-release from a few years ago, to justify the $250 price tag. I still feel like an idiot for buying that.
I'm happy with my Opiate re-issue purchase, but otherwise 100% agree. They can have my money, but not my satisfaction
Merkaba
Fanboi

Post by Merkaba »

Pretty stoked about this announcement, all about an extended reimagined cut of an older track, and the short film is set to be another weird journey from Jones and Hailstone. Feels good to have that Curveball finally see the light of day!

Pre-order locked in. $65 AU felt reasonable compared with $810 US for the signed vinyl. :D
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

another book!
earthrocker
Rhandy

Post by earthrocker »

If you thought it couldn't get any better this week....

Amidst a flurry of Tool announcements, Danny Carey has suggested at a new tool live album later in the year. He said "We have a ton of material from all the years, but i think we will create a live album from this current Fear Inoculum tour. The boys are all on fire and we are very hyped and engaged. We sound amazing and as now record contract free we can do what we want...maybe a new EP soon too.

Deftones!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Yeah lets all believe Danny's bullshit.

Dude needs to put down the pills.
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

oh boy, dannys talkin' again! haha this times its gotta be real! B reel.
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

earthrocker wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:50 am If you thought it couldn't get any better this week....

Amidst a flurry of Tool announcements, Danny Carey has suggested at a new tool live album later in the year. He said "We have a ton of material from all the years, but i think we will create a live album from this current Fear Inoculum tour. The boys are all on fire and we are very hyped and engaged. We sound amazing and as now record contract free we can do what we want...maybe a new EP soon too.

Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

FI vinyl
Opiate 2
What's next? Can I finally get my 10K Days vinyl release?
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

Live gift (box set) for the (hardcore hardcore) fans Part III.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Where the heck is the video for The Pot?
Canned audience laughter
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

Some topics never change. Lolz
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Spoonman wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:49 am Live gift (box set) for the (hardcore hardcore) fans Part III.
did you notice what the statement was for the FI vinyl at the shows. ''they were inspired'' to pre- release it for the fans. VIP mostly fans that is. haha. inspired
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Money inspires many!
Shed523
Geacon

Post by Shed523 »

I am super excited we are finally getting Opiate squared but my wet dream would be if by in some alternative reality that A Studio version of Jerk-Off(extended) would be included!?
All well Whatever, Nevermind
earthrocker
Rhandy

Post by earthrocker »

Shed523 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:35 am I am super excited we are finally getting Opiate squared but my wet dream would be if by in some alternative reality that A Studio version of Jerk-Off(extended) would be included!?
It is included
Deftones!