Puscifer Tour 2022

Maynard's multimedia extravaganza!
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Puscifer Tour 2022

Post by fortysixand2 »

Mat Mitchell talks about songwriting, equipment and a little about the upcoming tour.
https://www.guitarworld.com/features/pu ... oning-live

2022 Existential Reckoning Tour Dates:
Jun 09 - Las Vegas, NV - The Smith Center
Jun 11 - Phoenix, AZ - Arizona Federal Theatre
Jun 12 - Los Angeles, CA - The Greek Theatre
Jun 14 - Albuquerque, NM - Kiva Auditorium
Jun 15 - Austin, TX - Bass Concert Hall
Jun 16 - Dallas, TX - McFarlin Memorial Auditorium
Jun 19 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival
Jun 21 - Atlanta, GA - Coca-Cola Roxy Theatre
Jun 22 - Durham, NC - Durham Performing Arts Center
Jun 24 - Philadelphia, PA - The Metropolitan Opera House
Jun 25 - Brooklyn, NY - Kings Theatre
Jun 26 - Wallingford, CT - Toyota Oakdale Theatre
Jun 28 - Boston, MA - House of Blues
Jun 29 - Pittsburgh, PA - Stage AE
Jul 01 - Rochester Hills, MI - Meadow Brook Amphitheatre
Jul 02 - Chicago, IL - The Chicago Theatre
Jul 03 - St. Paul, MN - Palace Theatre
Jul 05 - Omaha, NE - The Admiral
Jul 06 - Denver, CO - The Mission Ballroom
Jul 07 - Salt Lake City, UT - Eccles Theatre
Jul 09 - Portland, OR - Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall
Jul 10 - Seattle, WA - McCaw Hall
Support: Moodie Black
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Re: Puscifer Tour 2022

Post by fortysixand2 »

MJK got Covid for the fourth time while in Europe :shock:
https://www.azcentral.com/story/enterta ... 476202001/
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Sounds like folks had a great time at the Las Vegas show. Definitely looking forward to their upcoming show at The Greek.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Set list from the Vegas show.
► Show Spoiler
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

I know it's the Existential Reckoning tour but damn, I don't need to hear the whole album. Where's all the classic bangers like The Undertaker, Polar Bear, Queen B or The Rapture? Either way I'm sure it's a great show. I'll be at the Chicago show and I can't wait.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Not sure about that poster, but the show was a lot of fun. :D

Set list from The Greek Theater:
► Show Spoiler
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

I didn't know this but there's a two-song remix vinyl available at the merch stand. One side is "Bullet Train to Iowa (Billy Howerdel Version) and the other side is "The Underwhelming (James Iha Version)."

rinkwhopper
Has been

Post by rinkwhopper »

Caught them last night in Durham. The show was great. They clearly put a lot of effort into making it an entertaining show.

I actually thought Moodie Black was pretty good as well despite my initial reaction when I checked them out online.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

fortysixand2 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:37 am I didn't know this but there's a two-song remix vinyl available at the merch stand. One side is "Bullet Train to Iowa (Billy Howerdel Version) and the other side is "The Underwhelming (James Iha Version)."

That quality is awwwwwful... Assuming someone picked up the vinyl at a show then bought a Crosley Cruiser to play it :lol:
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

xZ1mM3r wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:41 am
fortysixand2 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:37 am I didn't know this but there's a two-song remix vinyl available at the merch stand. One side is "Bullet Train to Iowa (Billy Howerdel Version) and the other side is "The Underwhelming (James Iha Version)."

That quality is awwwwwful... Assuming someone picked up the vinyl at a show then bought a Crosley Cruiser to play it :lol:
No doubt. It's gonna have to do until we get a proper rip. I have a feeling we'll see an Existential Reckoning Remix album sometime in the next 6 months or so.
earthrocker
Rhandy
Height: Short

Post by earthrocker »

Deftones!
cahernandez
My pain is just an excuse

Post by cahernandez »

I went to the concert in San Francisco last night. I arrived one hour after doors had opened, just as the opener was starting, and they still had signed city specific vinyl ($175) and signed city specific posters ($175). They also had regular signed posters still available as well ($125). It seems like inflation is hitting people hard! I’m not into buying overpriced merch like that (although I did buy -online- the Parole Violator vinyl), but I kept reading on Reddit that the vinyl were going to fly but apparently not. The opener, Night Club, was good, one of the most interesting opening bands I’ve seen in a while.

The show was great, the band sounds so good, it sounds like the record and even better, the Existential Reckoning songs are so textured and nuanced (props to the sound mixer). With this being said, I did not enjoy the reworked versions of Vagina Mine, Humbling River and Momma Sed, the original versions are way better. These sound a bit…meandering? And less epic. However, the band rocked the Conditions of my Parole and Money Shot songs, Flippant sounded so hot, Greg Edwards did such a great job with that one, and rocked out with Gunnar during Flippant. Carina’s voice sounded even better than last time I saw them (ten years ago!), her harmonies with Maynard were out of this world. And her stage presence and chemistry with Maynard is just great.

I thought I was going to hate the aliens concept but I actually enjoyed it a bit, they got a smile out of me with the banter onstage, they poured whiskey for Billy D and then probed him! I don’t think I’ve ever seen MJK drink during a show, but hey, he seemed to be enjoying himself. I looked at the setlists from their last leg, and this one included more older songs (including Horizons, Man Overboard, Conditions of my Parole, Flippant, The Remedy and the reimagined songs I’ve already mentioned -they were playing all these songs during the last tour but not all of them on any given night, they would rotate -except for Horizons, don’t think they were playing that one last tour-). As a big fan of Conditions and Money Shot, I was happy with this selection. As I walked out I think I saw that there were still city exclusive posters on sale (don’t know if all those are signed or not, but again, I think it’s a sign of this economy the fact that they were not sold out).

Really happy I went and looking forward to the next album by these guys.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Excellent review! Personally I wouldn't expect Puscifer vinyl to fly off the shelves even in good economic conditions. It's nice that they have these things, but I think some enthusiasts overstate how much they think non-Tool related Maynard stuff will sell.