TOOL: The Collective Unconscious

The Main Event
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Re: TOOL: The Collective Unconscious

Post by Ravenpig »

Newsletter is up. It's a mixture of classic Blair talk and some straight up info. Longest newsletter in a while.

Bullet points:

-Hints at 10,000 Days finally getting the vinyl treatment

-Hints at all albums being re-released eventually (though that one sounded sarcastic even by his standards)

-Strongly hinted the Mexico tour (the tour in general perhaps?) will be expanded even more

-Promised good news is coming after the New Year

Also, in the Q & A he posted an email from a fan that would have even the biggest fanboy here rolling their eyes. I read about 3 sentences before I stopped. Ain't nobody got time for that.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

You forgot to mention that Tool aren't cancelling their concert at Seaworld. That seems pretty important.
Don't mow your lawn
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

The Boss wrote:
Not Tyson wrote:
hellboy wrote:I was wondering how long it would be until either Tyson or Crow referenced Maynard's mum in regards to Bob's death.
Crow has a modicum of class.
Who the fuck is "Bob"?
Bob is your uncle
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

children wrote:I actually agree with Crow and Tyson.

Sure, i can understand that this is a hard time in Danny's life and i can empathize with him on that, but i am not going to pretend like Danny Carey's father's death has any affect on my life whatsoever.

I can appreciate that a person has died and you should always grieve that person's death in some form or another, but just giving your condolences over the internet is not going to change a thing.

None of us would honestly give a shit about the death of this person "Bob" if they were not the father of a person in a band we like.

That said, i give my condolences to the Carey family...
100% not true. it does matter and does change things if the person going through hardship actually reads it.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

you should have kept reading, it got interesting with buddy's tracklisting....
go taff!
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

"Expect some really exciting news in the new year"

:lol:
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
children wrote:I actually agree with Crow and Tyson.

Sure, i can understand that this is a hard time in Danny's life and i can empathize with him on that, but i am not going to pretend like Danny Carey's father's death has any affect on my life whatsoever.

I can appreciate that a person has died and you should always grieve that person's death in some form or another, but just giving your condolences over the internet is not going to change a thing.

None of us would honestly give a shit about the death of this person "Bob" if they were not the father of a person in a band we like.

That said, i give my condolences to the Carey family...
100% not true. it does matter and does change things if the person going through hardship actually reads it.
I guess if you want to believe that Danny is coming here to Fourtheye looking for some consolation over his father's death.

It might replace that emptiness he is feeling during this dark period in his life...
"That's what you get when you argue with children..." -Tyson
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

...and who knows, maybe Danny is happy with the way that his father died, and is grateful that his father went so peacefully, and that he was able to be present during his father's last moments?
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

children wrote:...and who knows, maybe Danny is happy with the way that his father died, and is grateful that his father went so peacefully, and that he was able to be present during his father's last moments?
my response wasn't specifically about Danny bro, you made a general statement. I commented on that. I don't think Danny reads what we write, I'm not retarded.
children
Metalologist

Post by children »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
children wrote:...and who knows, maybe Danny is happy with the way that his father died, and is grateful that his father went so peacefully, and that he was able to be present during his father's last moments?
my response wasn't specifically about Danny bro, you made a general statement. I commented on that. I don't think Danny reads what we write, I'm not retarded.
Oh, so you think that you can make a difference in someone's life via the internet?

Okay, to a degree i am sure you're right, but for the most part i feel like the stuff said on the internet is pretty much empty and meaningless, no matter what the context.

But this in itself is a completely meaningless conversation, and i am an asshole for prolonging it in the first place.

We should all have Danny's father in our thoughts and prayers, and i should have never expressed my opinion of how it seems a little odd to do that at all.

I am sorry for that...
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

children wrote:
We should all have Danny's father in our thoughts and prayers, and i should have never expressed my opinion of how it seems a little odd to do that at all.

I am sorry for that...
Tell me again why we should be thinking and praying for a dead man? He's dead.... prayers won't help in my opinion.

Also... not directed at you but why do people say that people are 'in their prayers' when most likely they don't pray at all in the first place? To me it seems like more of a halfhearted attempt at caring and just an easy thing to parrot back in an attempt to comfort people.
Professor of Lesbian Science
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Aw BJ you're in my prayers.
Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

basejumper wrote:
children wrote:

I am sorry for that...
Tell me again why we should be thinking and praying for a dead man? He's dead.... prayers won't help in my opinion.

Also... not directed at you but why do people say that people are 'in their prayers' when most likely they don't pray at all in the first place? To me it seems like more of a halfhearted attempt at caring and just an easy thing to parrot back in an attempt to comfort people.
Very good points, all round.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

children wrote:
N.Y.H.C. wrote:
Oh, so you think that you can make a difference in someone's life via the internet?

Okay, to a degree i am sure you're right, but for the most part i feel like the stuff said on the internet is pretty much empty and meaningless, no matter what the context.

But this in itself is a completely meaningless conversation, and i am an asshole for prolonging it in the first place.

I am sorry for that...
not the prayer nonsense per say but a couple of people reached out to me on this site after I got hit with some tragedy and I appreciated it VERY much. they don't know me from a hole in the wall and I have a pretty good support system in life outside of the internet, that being said, it does make a difference. you have some really cool people on here. some really funny ones too. Hellboy is the man for putting this together.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

N.Y.H.C. wrote:
not the prayer nonsense per say but a couple of people reached out to me on this site after I got hit with some tragedy and I appreciated it VERY much. they don't know me from a hole in the wall and I have a pretty good support system in life outside of the internet, that being said, it does make a difference. you have some really cool people on here. some really funny ones too. Hellboy is the man for putting this together.
I'll agree with you on this one.

But the fact was, these people KNEW me. That's why they cared.

I don't want to sound callous, but I don't know Danny's dad. While I can empathise with his heartache, there is very little reason for me to give a shit, outside of, "I hope this person whom I've never met starts to feel better and happier again."
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

The Boss wrote:While I can empathise with his heartache, there is very little reason for me to give a shit, outside of, "I hope this person whom I've never met starts to feel better and happier again."
To be honest I think that's all people are expressing, perhaps a little in eloquently for your liking...
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy wrote:
The Boss wrote:While I can empathise with his heartache, there is very little reason for me to give a shit, outside of, "I hope this person whom I've never met starts to feel better and happier again."
Top be honest I think that's all people are expressing, perhaps a little in eloquently for your liking...
Ouch.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Band-aid?
:P
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

There are some 'new' photo's on the site , for those interested.
go taff!
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

budsyralli wrote:Top
What site?
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

What pics?
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Blair is apparently going to share some news at any moment now.
Hey! Denty!
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Ravenpig wrote:Blair is apparently going to share some news at any moment now.
Wonder if that reddit post is legit.
I like to poop naked.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

No idea, but isn't that how the news of Tool touring usually gets broken? A local radio DJ eager to be the one to announce it?
Hey! Denty!
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Well we know it's never Blair that's breaking the news.
I like to poop naked.