Volto!

Volto!, m.t.Void, White Onion and other side projects of current and former Tool members
MOG
Scissorman

Re: Volto!

Post by MOG »

hellboy wrote:
Mog of the Architect wrote:John Z pisses all over Adam. John can do the crazy dissonant shit just as well and still shred when necessary.
Technically I think he's better, his songwriting is a little derivative though.
At least it doesn't take John 8 years to write a piece of music. Besides, I know for a fact that Danny and Justin write all the time, so if Adam wasn't such a control freak we would have had a new Tool album years ago. I say replace Adam with John Z and bring in *insert any decent rock singer here* to replace Maynard and Tool might actually be interesting/relevant again.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Mog of the Architect wrote:
hellboy wrote:
Mog of the Architect wrote:John Z pisses all over Adam. John can do the crazy dissonant shit just as well and still shred when necessary.
Technically I think he's better, his songwriting is a little derivative though.
At least it doesn't take John 8 years to write a piece of music. Besides, I know for a fact that Danny and Justin write all the time, so if Adam wasn't such a control freak we would have had a new Tool album years ago. I say replace Adam with John Z and bring in *insert any decent rock singer here* to replace Maynard and Tool might actually be interesting/relevant again.
While I would love to hear what that would sound like, it would clearly not be Tool. And as much as I dig the genre, nothing in fusion touches the intensity of Tool for me in terms of song writing impact. Agree with Hellboy to a point. JZ is miles ahead of Adam in technical ability, but not in crafting killer prog rock masterpieces. Also, while Tool as a band are absolutely some of the laziest bastards on the planet, they have made it worth the wait SO FAR. Really pushing the envelope this time, but I am over bitching about the time in between albums at this point. I will literally just be happy to get a new Tool album, and frankly, I don't have much faith it can live up to the hype for most people. The odds are against them.
Ki77aan :twisted:
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Kittaan wrote: While I would love to hear what that would sound like, it would clearly not be Tool. And as much as I dig the genre, nothing in fusion touches the intensity of Tool for me in terms of song writing impact. Agree with Hellboy to a point. JZ is miles ahead of Adam in technical ability, but not in crafting killer prog rock masterpieces. Also, while Tool as a band are absolutely some of the laziest bastards on the planet, they have made it worth the wait SO FAR. Really pushing the envelope this time, but I am over bitching about the time in between albums at this point. I will literally just be happy to get a new Tool album, and frankly, I don't have much faith it can live up to the hype for most people. The odds are against them.
Honestly I didn't give it much thought just wanted to give John his due and fuck with Hellboy. I don't care if Tool never releases another record. I am excited about finally getting the chance to listen to the entire Volto! album tomorrow. I said I wouldn't give any member of Tool another cent for anything but Danny is a nice dude and so is John Z. And unlike 85% of the shit Maynard releases as Puscifer and Justin's MTVoid clusterfuck Volto! is actually GOOD.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ Yeah, they deserved my dirty dollar, no doubt. Post a review, I'm interested.
A SENILE TOOL FAN
Maynard Believer

Post by A SENILE TOOL FAN »

I would just like to say that Volto! were amazing at Yestival and if they were playing a little closer to me I would jump at the chance to see them again. The material they played off the cd sounded amazing, and of course when they started playing "No Quarter" that put the show over the top. And the fact that they played for about 20 min. over their slotted 50 min set was even better. So, if you get the chance see this band..

;-}~
LURKER formerly known as ELP5000.. Who the Fuck is Maynard ??
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ I am dying to see Volto! Just haven't been able to make it happen. How was the rest of the show ELPie?
A SENILE TOOL FAN
Maynard Believer

^ The entire show was great, Scale the Summit, CP, The Musical Box were really good, oh yeah, and Volto!. I passed on Renaissance, was never really into them. Yes was only going to play the Yes album and Close To The Edge, then after CTTE Howe said they were going to play Going For The One anyway. So they played for 2 1/2 hours..
All in all a good day..LOL
Now on to Black Sabbath..

;-}~
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

That clip was good. Thanks for posting it. Now they just need to play it next time I trek into LA to see 'em.
I like to poop naked.
A SENILE TOOL FAN
Maynard Believer

Well I hope whoever wanted to see the video got the chance to because Youtube pulled it. Got this little note..
ATTENTION
We have received copyright complaint(s) regarding material you posted, as follows:
◦ from Legal Representative for VOLTO! about VOLTO! ~ No Quarter ~ Yestival 8/3/13

Blah, blah, blah..

Really ??
Lol

;-}~
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Fuckers. Glad I got to see it. Hopefully they are working on a live DVD (yeah right - but it's more of a possibility than Danny's other band)
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Mog of the Architect wrote:Besides, I know for a fact that Danny and Justin write all the time, so if Adam wasn't such a control freak we would have had a new Tool album years ago. .
Produce evidence of this "fact" plzy
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy wrote:
Mog of the Architect wrote:Besides, I know for a fact that Danny and Justin write all the time, so if Adam wasn't such a control freak we would have had a new Tool album years ago. .
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Image
STAY ON TOPIC.

We're waiting for MOG's undeniable proof that will surely come.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Don't mow your lawn
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

Missed the video but the audio's up on Dime.
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=459849
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Album is up on Rhapsody (and similar places I'd imagine) now
Hey! Denty!
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

MOOOOOG. WHAT THE FUCK, MAAAAAANG.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

hellboy wrote:
During the recent Intronaut concert I had fairly long conversations with Joe and Danny Walker (Drummer) and brief conversations with Sacha and Dave. We did talk a bit about Tool and during those discussions I was told that Danny Carey and Justin write music for Tool all the time. Danny Carey and Justin are good friends with all the guys from Intronaut so it is fairly safe to assume they had no reason to exaggerate. No specific reason was given for the general album delay, just conjecture and opinion.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

The Boss wrote:Image
What in the fuck is that about? You wanted an honest answer I gave it to you. We talked about the contract they (and all opening bands) for Tool have to sign regarding conduct and Maynard specifically as well. We talked about Danny and Justin partying with them after shows. What the fuck more do you want? Should I have taped a fucking audio recording device to my leg?

Or are you cunts latching onto the Adam part of that statement? Adam being a control freak is MY opinion. The only thing the fellas from Intronaut said was that Danny Carey and Justin are writing new music for Tool all the time.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

^ Don't getcher panties in a bunch... I'm just surprised there weren't more people piling on this Mogpile! Bwahahaha.

It sounds reasonable to me, and fuck if I wouldn't LOVE to be witness to some Justin and Danny jam sessions... some of that shit may surface one day, hopefully.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Kittaan wrote:^ Don't getcher panties in a bunch... I'm just surprised there weren't more people piling on this Mogpile! Bwahahaha.

It sounds reasonable to me, and fuck if I wouldn't LOVE to be witness to some Justin and Danny jam sessions... some of that shit may surface one day, hopefully.
Volto! album is sick btw. Danny is sick. Fuck Tool in the throat but DC is still cool and he destroys it on this album. Not true fusion at all. Interesting mix of prog,jazz/fusion, rock, even some good ole metal double bass thrown in.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

I'd love to hear more about these contracts these bands gotta sign with Tool and MJK. Like, no eye-contact with the vintner? No farting in his presence?
I like to poop naked.