Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
junior
Green Herbsman

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by junior »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:02 pm
junior wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:17 pm There is someone different mixing FOH sound at the moment. It’s temporary.
Does this mean that this person is not as familiar with the set?
Not really. He's been the system engineer for about 6-7 years, so he's sat next to the guy who usually mixes that entire time.
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

bob wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:27 am he just answered dude! i heard the regular sound engineer wasn't there at whatever shows on the last tour but then heard he was again. Sounds like the same deal for whatever reasons but thats prob something we don't need to ask about, life happens. Thanks Junior, i couldnt help but feel ''The National Enquirer'' a tad. happy touring!
Yes. Nobby started mixing Tool in 2001, and there have been multiple chunks of tours in the past 20 years where someone else mixed it for awhile. Various reasons. Prior obligations, etc.

I've missed a few chunks myself: the 4 shows in 1998, both Coachella's, 2001 warm-up tour, 2006 warm-up tour.

We try not to let it happen, but it happens.
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Post by Bobby Bottleservice »

junior wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:19 am
junior wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:17 pm There is someone different mixing FOH sound at the moment. It’s temporary.
Not really. He's been the system engineer for about 6-7 years, so he's sat next to the guy who usually mixes that entire time.

Got it Junior.

My thoughts on the sound recently. I was at the back to back shows (Phoenix and Vegas). For the Phx show, I was able to get great seats because of the toolarmy presale. I was on Justin's side 9th row (on the side). It was nice and loud, but Maynard's voice was just piercing and cutting through the rest of the sound. I think it has to do with me being right under the overhead speakers. For Vegas, I was further back (Justin's side again) and just on the right side of you Junior (about 5 rows up). The sound was incredible at this one. I think it has to do with where one is sitting and the arena they play in.

I'm really glad I got these seats for Vegas (further back) because this is the 1st time I was able to actually see the amazing lighting and video footage as a whole. I like sitting close up to see these guys really playing, but I think I found my favorite area to sit at from now on. I hate floor seats because there is always going to be someone taller than you standing in front of you.

Awesome work on the lighting Junior and tell your video guy he does amazing work as well.

My only question (complaint)......... WHY HAVEN'T THEY PLAYED 7EMPEST?????
junior
Green Herbsman

Post by junior »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:54 pm
junior wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:19 am

Got it Junior.

My thoughts on the sound recently. I was at the back to back shows (Phoenix and Vegas). For the Phx show, I was able to get great seats because of the toolarmy presale. I was on Justin's side 9th row (on the side). It was nice and loud, but Maynard's voice was just piercing and cutting through the rest of the sound. I think it has to do with me being right under the overhead speakers. For Vegas, I was further back (Justin's side again) and just on the right side of you Junior (about 5 rows up). The sound was incredible at this one. I think it has to do with where one is sitting and the arena they play in.

I'm really glad I got these seats for Vegas (further back) because this is the 1st time I was able to actually see the amazing lighting and video footage as a whole. I like sitting close up to see these guys really playing, but I think I found my favorite area to sit at from now on. I hate floor seats because there is always going to be someone taller than you standing in front of you.

Awesome work on the lighting Junior and tell your video guy he does amazing work as well.

My only question (complaint)......... WHY HAVEN'T THEY PLAYED 7EMPEST?????
Thanks
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

junior wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:33 am
bob wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:27 am he just answered dude! i heard the regular sound engineer wasn't there at whatever shows on the last tour but then heard he was again. Sounds like the same deal for whatever reasons but thats prob something we don't need to ask about, life happens. Thanks Junior, i couldnt help but feel ''The National Enquirer'' a tad. happy touring!
Yes. Nobby started mixing Tool in 2001, and there have been multiple chunks of tours in the past 20 years where someone else mixed it for awhile. Various reasons. Prior obligations, etc.

I've missed a few chunks myself: the 4 shows in 1998, both Coachella's, 2001 warm-up tour, 2006 warm-up tour.

We try not to let it happen, but it happens.
your on fire! So i wasn't blessed by yours truly at the Toronto warm up show in 06, blasphemy!

Sound is def were you are/how the arena sounds. the ACC (scotiabank arena) sounds pretty good for an arena. The old Copps Coliseum in Hamilton,Ont, not so much but its ok. I'm a bit jelly of all those arenas across the US. most are smaller then Toronto. .

The toronto show in 2012, i was 19 rows back, dead centre. In more recent years thats the best tool show i've seen. The screen looked awesome from there and the sound was unbelievable. That was a good tour, M was singing well and Tools sound improved compared to previous tours. Danny mentioned in an interview from that time, he was using plexiglass in his floor tom cause he gets enough bass from the kick drums. it worked! and whatever other changes there may have been. Each tour i find sounds a bit different. diff gear and stuff ?

** some chick on a FB group was asking who you were Junior, pointing to your pic in the tour program. She said you gave her a setlist the other night. Your famous brah!
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

They probably won't play 7empest until Europe, give the Americans a reason to come back next tour lol
Canned audience laughter
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

tys0n wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:16 pm They probably won't play 7empest until Europe, give the Americans a reason to come back next tour lol
I have a feeling that you are right.
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:29 pm
tys0n wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:16 pm They probably won't play 7empest until Europe, give the Americans a reason to come back next tour lol
They already did that from 2019 into 2020. bastards are doing it again ? give me a break! i get it though, they were rustier then i've ever heard them at the start of this tour. App ''plan B'' is in the works. just ask blair! baaah
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

bob wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:16 am
They already did that from 2019 into 2020. bastards are doing it again ? give me a break! i get it though, they were rustier then i've ever heard them at the start of this tour. App ''plan B'' is in the works. just ask blair! baaah
Bob, you are completely right! They started playing it for the Aussie gang and then they started playing it in the states before everything got shut down. I really thought they were going to come out with this tour and play this song. I am so glad they have finally changed the setlist and the 2 shows I witnessed were amazing, but I am still waiting for 7. I guess they just like to tease their core fan base.
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:51 pm

Bob, you are completely right! They started playing it for the Aussie gang and then they started playing it in the states before everything got shut down. I really thought they were going to come out with this tour and play this song. I am so glad they have finally changed the setlist and the 2 shows I witnessed were amazing, but I am still waiting for 7. I guess they just like to tease their core fan base.
New setlist was so good I didn't mind missing 7empest too much, but I'm definitely jonesin' and was really hoping for it. I just hope Tool doesn't ever retire it permanently like other songs have been.

Given that the current set has been super refreshing, I really hope a proper 7empest tour has a Third Eye/Rosetta/DRT kind of setlist.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

limeygringo wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:04 pm

New setlist was so good I didn't mind missing 7empest too much, but I'm definitely jonesin' and was really hoping for it. I just hope Tool doesn't ever retire it permanently like other songs have been.

Given that the current set has been super refreshing, I really hope a proper 7empest tour has a Third Eye/Rosetta/DRT kind of setlist.
Bottle B, Thats awesome you saw them twice. i caught your comments about that earlier too,niiiece! and LimeyGringo has a great point! i havent been too bothered by no 7empest either being they finally got rid of, dare i say 'the hits'. i was being realistic hoping they'd drop at least 3 of them but instead its one extreme or another with that M, dude. They may start playing it at some point during this tour. Still lots to go and everythings going smooth with Omicron which i didnt think would be the case. knock on wood!

did you get ten thousand posters at your shows, B ? :D
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Limey, I also love the change of the setlist. I am also jonsein for 7 (not sure if jonesin is a real word), but I get what you are saying. I am assuming you saw them in Texas?
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

bob wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:20 am

Bottle B, Thats awesome you saw them twice. i caught your comments about that earlier too,niiiece! and LimeyGringo has a great point! i havent been too bothered by no 7empest either being they finally got rid of, dare i say 'the hits'. i was being realistic hoping they'd drop at least 3 of them but instead its one extreme or another with that M, dude. They may start playing it at some point during this tour. Still lots to go and everythings going smooth with Omicron which i didnt think would be the case. knock on wood!

Bob, I am also so glad that they got rid of the "hits" seeing them as many times as us old fucks have, we needed something different and they came thru! Since they are not going to Canada, are you going to be able to see them this time around? Are the covid restrictions holding you back?
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Bob is too busy truckin with the freedom convoy!
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:59 pm

Bob, I am also so glad that they got rid of the "hits" seeing them as many times as us old fucks have, we needed something different and they came thru! Since they are not going to Canada, are you going to be able to see them this time around? Are the covid restrictions holding you back?
unfortunately im not seeing them this time around. I dont havve a passport BUT with the border restrictions its a PITA so i'd rather not bother with that junk. Truth is, i dont even know what you have to do now but last i heard you needed a PVR test or whatever its called. Thats the expensive one that costs anywhere between 150 - 300 to take. I have no idea why the same test can vary up to double, so in short. f the whole thing. I'll watch utube vids and listen to some nice live recordings to get my tool fix. Dont tell Adam,bahah.

Tyson, the truck convoy kinda fizzled out but theres more today in Ottawa and some have been camping out thru the week. Theres a mini version of it in Toronto today too which is a first for them protesting there. Nothings happening though, Trudeau hid like a pussy and then claimed he got Covid during that time :lol: politicians dont lie, so im sure its true. If it really is true thats good timing on his part but quite hilarous either way.

Sweden is app ditching restrictions and all the rest of it i hear ? There was already news here saying they are talking about letting a lot of this go cause its time to accept reality basically/its becoming more endemic and u know the rest of the story. So the world is moving closer to normal it seems.
inequitude
Has been

Post by inequitude »

Epic show in New Orleans last night - everyone on point. Culling Voices much better than expected - the confetti drop was neat. Thanks @Junior and team for all that you do. Why no Dancing Queen?! On to Miami.
Attachments
IMG_0232.jpg
IMG_0232.jpg (188.17 KiB) Viewed 19650 times
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

great pic!
limeygringo
Green Herbsman

Post by limeygringo »

Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:54 pm

Limey, I also love the change of the setlist. I am also jonsein for 7 (not sure if jonesin is a real word), but I get what you are saying. I am assuming you saw them in Texas?
Saw them in SA, Houston and NOLA. Foolishly chased the 7empest, but also needed to get my Southern-raised ass to NOLA for the first time. Had a blast.
Ahhh, Infotainment!
Bobby Bottleservice
Basssssssss

Nice! If you read Justin's latest interview, they are practicing 7empest daily. I think that it will happen soon. Unfortunately (for me) this tour is going too far east for me to attend. I am still very happy with the shows I attended!
Whowatchesthewampas
Green Herbsman
Height: 6

Post by Whowatchesthewampas »

that article gives me hope i may see it in a month
Falling isn't flying
Floating isn't infinite
ms2r
Uncle Fucker

Post by ms2r »

bob wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:00 am
Bobby Bottleservice wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:59 pm

unfortunately im not seeing them this time around. I dont havve a passport BUT with the border restrictions its a PITA so i'd rather not bother with that junk. Truth is, i dont even know what you have to do now but last i heard you needed a PVR test or whatever its called. Thats the expensive one that costs anywhere between 150 - 300 to take. I have no idea why the same test can vary up to double, so in short. f the whole thing. I'll watch utube vids and listen to some nice live recordings to get my tool fix. Dont tell Adam,bahah.

Tyson, the truck convoy kinda fizzled out but theres more today in Ottawa and some have been camping out thru the week. Theres a mini version of it in Toronto today too which is a first for them protesting there. Nothings happening though, Trudeau hid like a pussy and then claimed he got Covid during that time :lol: politicians dont lie, so im sure its true. If it really is true thats good timing on his part but quite hilarous either way.

Sweden is app ditching restrictions and all the rest of it i hear ? There was already news here saying they are talking about letting a lot of this go cause its time to accept reality basically/its becoming more endemic and u know the rest of the story. So the world is moving closer to normal it seems.
Denmark, Sweden, UK, Portugal, Spain are all ditching restrictions. Belgium and the Netherlands by end of this month.
In the Netherlands it would just be the basic advice like wash hands, ventilation that remains. Only for Festivals you would need a negative test. (1G).

Which will be kinda interesting for the tool concert since they sold all floor tickets as seating.
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

Not usually a fan of reaction videos but this was great!

But I have to ask, Junior, how much did you pay for him to say the things around 10:20, 18:20 & 28:20?
Canned audience laughter
bob
Toast

Post by bob »

ms2r wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:24 pm
Denmark, Sweden, UK, Portugal, Spain are all ditching restrictions. Belgium and the Netherlands by end of this month.
In the Netherlands it would just be the basic advice like wash hands, ventilation that remains. Only for Festivals you would need a negative test. (1G).

Which will be kinda interesting for the tool concert since they sold all floor tickets as seating.
Nice! This will start happening everywhere else sooner then later by the sounds of it. We were told masks wont be going away anytime too soon but maybe by the summer or something ? who knows. The truck convoy is causing disruptions. The Embassador Bridge was closed for a few days due to all that. So its actually not as nothing as i thought. Im not sure how good that is if they are causing more delays and stuff. kinda a weird thing and with things moving closer to normal i dont know how good that is.
Spoonman
Geacon

Post by Spoonman »

bob wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:21 am ...i dont know how good that is.
My thoughts!