Where are you going/Where have you been? Travel advice, info, questions, etc.

For discussions that don't fit inside the other forums
Forum rules
Threads should remain on topic. Unnecessary trolling and bickering posts will be deleted. Some light hearted banter will be tolerated. Controversial topics such as racism, paedophilia and such will be deleted. The beatings will continue until moral improves.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Re: Where are you going/Where have you been? Travel advice,

Post by markuspoop »

Yeah I saw this really uplifting and inspiring documentary about that bridge. Really brightens ones day. May have to check it out, just to see what the fuss is about.
I like to poop naked.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

My experiences with SF:
  • Alcatraz was pretty cool. Enjoyed both the self guided tour and the boat trip out there.
  • USS Pampatio is a WW2 submarine, and that was quite interesting.
  • Nice view from Coit Tower. Nice superman statue out the front too.
  • Fuck all of that and go to Yosemite instead.
They were the highlights from the 24 hours or so I got to spend in SF. Overall, really nice town, on my list of places to go back to.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

Be sure to check out the smelly hippies.
Might score some good bud.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Would love to check out some hippies, just so I can give 'em a swift kick or 2.

Funny thing about the ganj, as I've gotten older I've moved to more boozing and less ganj-usage, which is a huge reversal from the past. Not to say I still don't enjoy me some herbals.
I like to poop naked.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

A holistic approach and one I endorse fully.

btw...speaking of going places, it looks like A-Rod is going home...

to sit through the 2014 season.

The Tiger announcers announced this announcement on sources
close to the league supposedly.

Announce.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ Poop, you may be interested in this, depending on how much time you have to spend on shit like this. It's a pretty good deal and includes a ton of the touristy-but-cool attractions here in the Gay Area.

http://www.smartdestinations.com/san-fr ... Qgoda3gAgQ

And it's even cheaper if you're a Costco member: http://www.costco.com/Go-San-Francisco- ... ogId=10701

Have a good time, dood. I'd even offer to come and harass you guys in person, but we'll be heading DOWN the coast, while you're heading up. Going to check out Hearst Castle and do some camping and shit.
Ki77aan :twisted:
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

I do not recommend traveling this past weekend to see family when
they already harbor resentment towards you.

You'll only come back with less family.

Guess that's about everyone now.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

@ Poop - how was the SF trip? I had a killer time on the central coast by the way. What a gorgeous place. Gotta hit it more often than once every 5 years.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Kittaan wrote:@ Poop - how was the SF trip? I had a killer time on the central coast by the way. What a gorgeous place. Gotta hit it more often than once every 5 years.
It was fucking awesome. I had a blast and am already ready to go back or even just move the fuck up that way. When I have some more time/am at the desktop computer I'll go more into detail and upload some pics. But the entire trip, from start to finish was really, really good stuff.
I like to poop naked.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

Travel Advice: should you ever find yourself, or feel a need to visit the Buffalo, NY area, I highly recommend looking into a stay at the New Hotel Stockdale. It offers the warmth and hospitality unparalleled by any of the existing luxurious 5-star accommodations. Although the entrance lobby can become quite crowded at times, it quickly opens up to reveal it's generous amenities. With it's child friendly nature and play area, ever available BBQ and kitchen serving only the finest Buffalo cuisine and masterful bedroom suites (which worth noting, include the finest head boards for you and your lover, the northern hemisphere has to offer), you'll feel right at home. Not to mention it's also a fantastic setting for a simple night of relaxing drinks with old friends or a surprise wedding.

Thanks to both the staff and the locals for making our stay such a remarkable experience. We will carry the memories created here for a lifetime.

Also includes free WI-FI, babysitting services, free booze of the finest variety and a free bag of top notch sticky upon arrival.
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Anyone been to Uluru? Advice, thoughts?
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

I've heard there are a lot of flies and coons, no direct correlation though
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Not Tyson wrote:I've heard there are a lot of flies and coons, no direct correlation though
There's probably a correlation if you look hard enough.

Get on it, Sherlock!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I believe the flies and coons are more prevalent around Alice Springs than Uluru itself.

I've never been there, but having seen plenty of photos of the rock, as well as the ranges nearby (the Larapinta Trail for example) make me want to go.

Want a life changing experience? Take 12 days of your life and do the whole Larapinta Trail in one hit.
Busty McCracken

Post by Busty McCracken »

hellboy wrote:I believe the flies and coons are more prevalent around Alice Springs than Uluru itself.

I've never been there, but having seen plenty of photos of the rock, as well as the ranges nearby (the Larapinta Trail for example) make me want to go.

Want a life changing experience? Take 12 days of your life and do the whole Larapinta Trail in one hit.
You done that hike?? Just had a google search, looks pretty spesh.. Day 2 looks like a cunt of a mission.

Are there many good trails down Adelaide way?? Mt Sorrow in the Daintree is my next hike mission. So many great walks up this part of the world.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Sadly not - Larapinta Trail is pretty high on my hiking bucket list.

Plenty of good trails around Adelaide, the Heysen Trail for instance I believe is the longest walking trail in Oz (over 600km from memory). The Adelaide Hills and Flinders Ranges are full of amazing walks, and quite unique compared to walking on the East coast.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy wrote:I believe the flies and coons are more prevalent around Alice Springs than Uluru itself.

Any personal thoughts on such a thing, or are you happy letting me Google the fuck out of this?
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy wrote:Sadly not - Larapinta Trail is pretty high on my hiking bucket list.

Plenty of good trails around Adelaide, the Heysen Trail for instance I believe is the longest walking trail in Oz (over 600km from memory). The Adelaide Hills and Flinders Ranges are full of amazing walks, and quite unique compared to walking on the East coast.
Whoops, sorry mate - just saw this on the next page.

Could probably spare seven days, round trip, including travel. Might have to save this for either a run with Nosy T, or if we get our heads on and fucking ruin SEA.
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

Not Tyson wrote:I've heard there are a lot of flies and coons, no direct correlation though
That's pretty pathetic talk there resident troll.
I like to poop naked.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

markuspoop wrote:
What? Tyson's not a troll. He's already copied and pasted numerous bits of supporting documentation to refute that, haven't you been paying attention? Also, he's just misunderstood. We just PERCEIVE that he's a racist, misogynistic, anti-social epitome of a model of a shining example of a troll.

Now, back on topic: I would love to visit Oz someday and will try to make it happen. Pics and vids I've seen give me the serious jones, and hearing from the locals just cement it.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Kittaan wrote:
markuspoop wrote:
What? Tyson's not a troll. He's already copied and pasted numerous bits of supporting documentation to refute that, haven't you been paying attention? Also, he's just misunderstood. We just PERCEIVE that he's a racist, misogynistic, anti-social epitome of a model of a shining example of a troll.

Now, back on topic: I would love to visit Oz someday and will try to make it happen. Pics and vids I've seen give me the serious (Adam) jones, and hearing from the locals just cement it.
So that means it'll probably be like 20 - 30 years before you actually get around to it, right?
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:
So that means it'll probably be like 20 - 30 years before you actually get around to it, right?
He'll be dead by then
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

markuspoop wrote:
You try living here, they are invading us, they should go back to their own country
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Turn back the flies
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Since we're talking about hiking and so forth, here is a pic I took while up in the Grampains a couple of months ago: