Terms and Conditions of Using FE . . .

Discuss the peculiarities of the forum. Feedback, complaints, suggestions are all welcome.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

if you grow up in a mega-city where everyone is stacked on top of each other you have no choice but to grow up tolerant of every kind of culture there is.
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

^not buying that at all... just cause you grow to tolerate different people to some extent doesn't mean you can't be a bigot... I'm racist against white people for the most part and I'm white.  Shit, I hate all sorts of people for various reasons, and I've still managed to co-exist on several levels with them (school, work, hood life, etc.) but when it ultimately comes down to generalizing, it's definitely the whitey's I despise most.  And don't be fooled, Obama's a whitey of the highest order.
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

petemasterpete said
^not buying that at all... just cause you grow to tolerate different people to some extent doesn't mean you can't be a bigot... I'm racist against white people for the most part and I'm white.  Shit, I hate all sorts of people for various reasons, and I've still managed to co-exist on several levels with them (school, work, hood life, etc.) but when it ultimately comes down to generalizing, it's definitely the whitey's I despise most.  And don't be fooled, Obama's a whitey of the highest order.

just because you tolerate doesn't mean you can't be a bigot, that's actually true. good point. but it can leave you open long enough to where fear of something you don't quite understand starts to dissipate and curiosity starts to seep in. that can lead to empathy, acceptance and then understanding. which is the opposite of hate

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

NYHCster said

petemasterpete said

just because you tolerate doesn't mean you can't be a bigot, that's actually true. good point. but it can leave you open long enough to where fear of something you don't quite understand starts to dissipate and curiosity starts to seep in. that can lead to empathy, acceptance and then understanding. which is the opposite of hate

What makes you think it's about fear and hate?

Being a bigot, for me, is more recognising how some groups of people are a higher quality of human being than others. There's no fear or hate in that. If anything, it's acceptance and acknowledgement of differences at the highest level.

This is the last time I post in this thread, I think. My initial question was answered, and now it looks like we're doing nothing but putting labels on each other for no good reason. Not to mention that it's off of the initial topic.

O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Judge a man by the quality of his character, not by the color of his skin.  It has been said time and again and I will continue to say it until the day I die.

Hatred, Bigotry, and a general lack of Empathy and Compassion have crippled our species.  We will not grow until we recognize how fundamentally connected we all are.  One frail species on a small blue planet circling a rather average Yellow Dwarf Star residing on a spiral arm of a rather average Spiral Galaxy.  Our survival is neither guaranteed nor ordained.  No man is an island unto himself.  Another adage that holds true at the most fundamental level.

No one is going to like everyone.  I get that.  We are also on the internet, which lends itself to fucking around and exaggeration on numerous different levels.  I don't have much in common with Conservative Republicans and while I have taken more than a few shots at them I wouldn't hesitate to lend a helping hand if needed.  When blind hatred overrides the ability to acknowledge and express basic human dignity we fail as a species.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

The Boss said

Being a bigot, for me, is more recognising how some groups of people are a higher quality of human being than others. There's no fear or hate in that. If anything, it's acceptance and acknowledgement of differences at the highest level.

I... hmm. I can't... yeah just leaving that alone. Good luck.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

joeypants said

The Boss said

Ugggghhhh.

Fuck it - trade "bigot" for whatever other term would suit the purpose.

Doesn't make people any less naked. Doesn't let the righteous any less bold.

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Mogonaut said
Judge a man by the quality of his character, not by the color of his skin.  It has been said time and again and I will continue to say it until the day I die.

Hatred, Bigotry, and a general lack of Empathy and Compassion have crippled our species.  We will not grow until we recognize how fundamentally connected we all are.  One frail species on a small blue planet circling a rather average Yellow Dwarf Star residing on a spiral arm of a rather average Spiral Galaxy.  Our survival is neither guaranteed nor ordained.  No man is an island unto himself.  Another adage that holds true at the most fundamental level.

No one is going to like everyone.  I get that.  We are also on the internet, which lends itself to fucking around and exaggeration on numerous different levels.  I don't have much in common with Conservative Republicans and while I have taken more than a few shots at them I wouldn't hesitate to lend a helping hand if needed.  When blind hatred overrides the ability to acknowledge and express basic human dignity we fail as a species.

Judging the possibility of an action based on the colour of skin is extremely short-sighted.

Basing an action on the quality of the individual's environment and upbringing is a different story.

There I go again - being a hypocrite. I tell ya what, pretty soon, I'll be givin' whiteys a bad name.

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

joeypants said

The Boss said

I hear you on that Joey.  

First of all, I don't want to single out Crow, but using him as an example because you quoted him.  

When faced with statements like that, especially on an internet forum, it's sometimes the best approach.  There's just so much that goes into how someone forms that opinion... This topic is so charged and potentially divisive.  It's one of the biggies after all.

Still, I welcome the debate (as long as it doesn't degenerate to puerile name calling) because I find it fascinating.  In Crow's defense, he has been willing to support his opinion(s) knowing it's unpopular.  And he has clearly put a lot of thought into it, which I know from experience many don't - it's a knee jerk reaction.  I certainly don't share his conclusions (although I know others here may), but I respect him for engaging.
Ki77aan :twisted:
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I like Crow. It just read like (and maybe I'm reading it wrong) he was saying that being a bigot is almost noble, and that he believes in things like our former policies of, say, blacks being a "lesser people" than whites (just using that as an example). Which, if that is basically how it was intended... is really frightening. If not, apologies.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Forget it.  Carry on.  Jesus loves you.
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

This I know.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Seems appropriate with the previous topic as well...
Ki77aan :twisted:
markuspoop
Oddfellow

Post by markuspoop »

^ even in Mexico, they're fans of the Dodgers.  That's if that meme is accurate.
I like to poop naked.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

The Boss said

NYHCster said

petemasterpete said

What makes you think it's about fear and hate?

This is the last time I post in this thread, I think. My initial question was answered, and now it looks like we're doing nothing but putting labels on each other for no good reason. Not to mention that it's off of the initial topic.

you sound like you're into eugenics bro.

not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

What's funny is dogs and cats are separated into breeds, with their pros and cons, but not humans, hmmm
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

NYHCster said

petemasterpete said

yeah man... once you go black, you never go back... ask my sister (and Fred Durst for that matter) if you don't believe me!
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Tyson said
What's funny is dogs and cats are separated into breeds, with their pros and cons, but not humans, hmmm