Post by Ravenpig »

They just tweeted this. On my phone so I cant link. More or less this:

Live at Red Rocks dvd

Complete discography

Fancy packaging/artwork

Signed stuff by May Jay and Billy

$150

Limited edition

Not a bad price considering all that is included. I guess this is the APC part of May Jay's tweet/instagram pic.
Hey! Denty!
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Re: APC Box set coming in December

Post by Krazy_blah »

A DVD, not even Blu-Ray? They can blow me.

I'd be interested in a BD of this- would buy for the ~$25.00 USD that it would likely be charged. Hopefully they release that as an individual product eventually.

I was at this show- I can't even begin to describe how fucking awesome Red Rocks is. Must go-to place for a fan of live music...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists ... o-19691231
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Yea the dvd part is surprising. I also forgot it also includes a cd of the performance.

Red Rocks is awesome.
Hey! Denty!
king
Maynard Believer

Post by king »

This DVD better be ALL REGION. If i buy this thing and it doesnt work here in Europe i'l die.

Do you think it will be? Feckin better. :)

Pucifer and APC DVDS in Nov, Im gonna o.d.on wine when they arrive.
MOG
Scissorman

Post by MOG »

Lame. Already bought all the fucking albums why in the hell would I buy them again? How about just release By and Down and the DVD and leave the other bullshit option as an actual purchasing OPTION. Leave the signatures and stickers to the rest of you sorry fanboi bastards.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Also, this being released makes me wonder if perhaps May Jay had more to do with the Opiate re-release than I thought

Or maybe this was inspired the Opiate re-release.
Hey! Denty!
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

It's a DVD and CD of the Red Rocks 2011 show plus 3 additional live CDs from the 2010 tour when they played each album front to back. It's available for presale here: http://total-box-music.myshopify.com/pr ... ive-deluxe
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Not only that.

Loudwire: As for A Perfect Circle, Pause and Play is reporting that the band is scheduled to release a new album, ‘Three-Sixty,’ on Nov. 19. But more than likely that’s a mix-up, as it was just announced that APC are in fact releasing a box set collection of rarities, live performances and more titled ‘A Perfect Circle Live: Featuring Stone and Echo,’ which will drop Nov. 26.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

From the excusive (sic) email I just got:
A PERFECT CIRCLE LIVE: FEATURING STONE AND ECHO, A LIMITED EDITION BOX SET WHICH INCLUDES A FULL-LENGTH DVD OF THE BAND’S 2011 RED ROCKS’ PERFORMANCE AND FOUR AUDIO CDS

http://total-box-music.myshopify.com/pr ... ive-deluxe

The highly limited edition offering includes:

* Stone And Echo, a full-length DVD (with accompanying audio CD) featuring the band's stirring Aug. 11, 2011 performance at the historic Red Rocks Amphitheater
* Trifecta, a multi-disc collection featuring the band's complete discography, Mer de Noms, Thirteenth Step and eMOTIVe, recorded live during A Perfect Circle's handful of three-night, full-album performances. The 2010 performances, the first outings from the band since their self-imposed 2005 hiatus, were limited to Phoenix, Los Angeles, Seattle, Las Vegas and San Francisco.
* Bonus tracks include live performances of "By and Down," "Ashes to Ashes" and "Diary of a Love Song"
* Five hand selected lithographs featuring the personal signatures of both Maynard James Keenan and Billy Howerdel on one of the selected prints
* Custom sculpted resin frame designed by the band
* A custom made guitar pick designed by Billy Howerdel and exclusive to this offering
* The collection is bound in a custom-made media book containing artwork and credits

The collection is available excusively via the band’s own storefront at http://total-box-music.myshopify.com/pr ... ive-deluxe with pre-orders available now.

http://www.facebook.com/aperfectcircle
http://www.aperfectcircle.com
I wonder just how "extremely limited" this will be. They don't mention it being numbered, or how many packages they are limiting it to.

I loved both of the SF shows I saw on this tour, and looking forward to hearing these live shows. Hope they include some tracks from the Fillmore.
Ki77aan :twisted:
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Someone sent me this link which has some audio from the album. Is it just me or is the mix fucking awful?
[BBvideo]http://www.youtube.com/embed/XbY5-2nV5ws[/BBvideo]
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Looks like there some kind of new CD in the Amazon store. Details are sketchy though, presuming this is actually related to the collectors set.

To be honest I'll be surprised if they don't release some kind of non-limited edition of this.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Yeah that mix is terrible.

They have to release a non-limited edition live DVD. Seems like a waste to put it together and then just release it as a limited thing.
hellboy wrote:Looks like there some kind of new CD in the Amazon store. Details are sketchy though, presuming this is actually related to the collectors set.
That's interesting. Hopefully it's actually some new material.
Don't mow your lawn
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

hellboy wrote:Someone sent me this link which has some audio from the album. Is it just me or is the mix fucking awful?
No fucking way :lol:

That has to be fake.
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

Honestly $150 is pretty high. I like Tool more than APC but this is way more worth the $150 then the opiate re-release! I will most likely pre-order this if its a limited thing and they won't be coming out with the DVD and CD's singlely. I will pre-order this and kick myself when and if they come out with something cheaper. Haha honestly really stoked for this. Saw Tool at red rocks and saw APC on the same tour that the DVD and CD's are from and had a blast. So to me this is a no brainer purchase.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

king wrote:This DVD better be ALL REGION. If i buy this thing and it doesnt work here in Europe i'l die.

you can unlock all regions on most DVD players
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

the chill wrote:Honestly $150 is pretty high. I like Tool more than APC but this is way more worth the $150 then the opiate re-release! I will most likely pre-order this if its a limited thing and they won't be coming out with the DVD and CD's singlely. I will pre-order this and kick myself when and if they come out with something cheaper. Haha honestly really stoked for this. Saw Tool at red rocks and saw APC on the same tour that the DVD and CD's are from and had a blast. So to me this is a no brainer purchase.
me on all accounts ... but DEFINITELY better value than opiate
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

petemasterpete wrote:
king wrote:This DVD better be ALL REGION. If i buy this thing and it doesnt work here in Europe i'l die.

you can unlock all regions on my mother
I heard that.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I don't know much about the website Pause & Play, but according to their listing Three-Sixty is "band’s first album since 2004". Not sure how legit that is. My guess is that it'll be a greatest hits album or a collection of the best stuff from the live recordings. I'd be pretty surprised if it were a legit new album from APC.

http://www.pauseandplay.com/nov-19-2013/
MAGNUS
My pain is just an excuse

Post by MAGNUS »

hellboy wrote:Someone sent me this link which has some audio from the album. Is it just me or is the mix fucking awful?
Definitely a bad mix.

I really like APC but not worth $150 to me. I was at the Tempe shows and have all three aud recordings, as well as a few IEMs, so I really don't need to pay this kind of money for official releases.
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

hellboy wrote:I don't know much about the website Pause & Play, but according to their listing Three-Sixty is "band’s first album since 2004". Not sure how legit that is. My guess is that it'll be a greatest hits album or a collection of the best stuff from the live recordings. I'd be pretty surprised if it were a legit new album from APC.

http://www.pauseandplay.com/nov-19-2013/
I bet they throw the studio version of "By and Down" on there.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

From that YouTube vid description: "The audio is the same performance you'll hear in the audio disc." This is not the actual recording. It's likely one of the audience recordings which is even further fucked by compression on YT. There is no way they would want that getting released, even if it is a cash grab.
Ki77aan :twisted:
the chill
Duck Hater

Post by the chill »

My guess is that the "Three-Sixty" album might not even be A Perfect Circle. Everything on Amazon has APC with an A in the name. I just says Perfect Circle for that album. I looked and saw a shitty looking band that was called Perfect Circle. Just my two cents. Honestly won't know till they say something on the website.

Edit: That shitty band I miss read on iTunes. The album was called perfect circle. My bad but it still has all APC stuff with an A. Don't know till we hear something. :)
Last edited by the chill on Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Wouldn't a band called Perfect Circle have APC's lawyers up their butt?
Hey! Denty!
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

hellboy wrote:
To be honest I'll be surprised if they don't release some kind of non-limited edition of this.
I'd be really disappointed, as I'm not gonna buy this, even though I think its a decent deal. It's just so unnecessary for me. Live dvd/cd pack I'd be all up for.
Hey! Denty!