Maynard talks about Ministry

hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

A while back I reported that Maynard would feature in a documentary about the band Ministry. Well, for our viewing pleasure one thoughtful Youtuber has uploaded Maynard's interview from the file, where he succesfully talks for about 3 minutes while saying he doesn't really know much about Ministry:

You can grab a DVD of this movie from Amazon.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

In other news Ministry's guitarist died not too long ago...
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Yeah that did seem kinda pointless. It seems weird that that would be in the documentary. Hmm...
Don't mow your lawn
cultiv8420
Bronco's Fan

Post by cultiv8420 »

This documentary was very intense. The documentary kind of came of as a really long bonus feature, but a damn good one. It basically affirms everything you imagined they did back stage (and on stage) and shows it on film. I also think that "Country Boner" by Puscifer was played in the soundtrack if I remember correctly. Lots of interviews, including Dave Navarro, Trent Rezor, David Yow, Skinny Puppy, and others.
recycle
Maynard Believer

Post by recycle »

This is a great dvd to buy and the cd by Paul Baker is amazing.
A++
recycle
Maynard Believer

Post by recycle »

"Yeah that did seem kinda pointless. It seems weird that that would be in the documentary. Hmm…"

Im pretty sure MJK was highly influenced by the mighty Ministry, hense he is in the documentary. Yeah, im pretty sure MJK internets and knew of Mike Scaccia's death. RIP.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

recycle said
"Yeah that did seem kinda pointless. It seems weird that that would be in the documentary. Hmm…"

Im pretty sure MJK was highly influenced by the mighty Ministry, hense he is in the documentary. Yeah, im pretty sure MJK internets and knew of Mike Scaccia's death. RIP.

The thing is, he didn't really talk about Ministry at all.  He talked about how artists that get into the business at an early age tend to buy into all the bullshit that people say about them and how it makes them just awful.  He sorta implied that Ministry were assholes because they got into the game early than he did and how he was better because he was like 28 when Tool was formed.  It just seemed to me that he didn't really have that much to say and was just trying to talk around the subject.  I'm kinda curious to see what else he might have said about them, what the filmmakers edited out.  

Also I highly doubt that Maynard visits this site.  I thought it was interesting that this would pop up at around the same time as his death.
Don't mow your lawn
void
Fanboi

Post by void »

Maynard answered the questions he was asked. It's clear that someone was interviewing him and asking him about specific topics, he responded. He has stated he was/is a fan of Ministry in multiple interviews in the past.

Also, this interview is significant solely because he actually mentioned the band "Tool" by name. That is the first time I have heard him even say the band name in an interview, in years.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

void said

Also, this interview is significant solely because he actually mentioned the band "Tool" by name. That is the first time I have heard him even say the band name in an interview, in years.

Lol, that's exactly what I thought. 

I imagine this would be better in context, but as a clip it's not really anything.
Don't mow your lawn