Forum Rules & Guidelines

Discuss the peculiarities of the forum. Feedback, complaints, suggestions are all welcome.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Post by hellboy »

We all share this community together, and while freedom of speech is important, freedom from being bullied, ridiculed and tormented are equally as important. Lately I feel that the balance has shifted towards nastiness in some areas, and this post is here to add some clarification to the vague set of rules I try to run this forum by. None of these rules are especially new, but I figured a reminder wouldn't go astray.

Here are a list of rules and guidelines you must follow on Fourtheye.
  • Trolling is not permitted on the site outside of the Infinity + 1 forum. Users enter this particular forum at their own risk.
  • Infinity + 1 is not unmoderated, nor are all views welcome. Topics will be deleted or locked without warning at the discretion of the moderators.
  • Personal attacks are not welcome, and may result in a temporary or permanent ban depending in their frequency or severity.
  • Inflammatory posts should be avoided, however I acknowledge that opinions may clash from time to time. Simple rule of thumb here is make your point and move on. Protracted arguments will be deemed off topic and removed.
  • The only exception to these rules are The Grudge thread. If you have a rant against Tool or Tool fans, this is the place.
  • The difference between a rant and an opinion can often be quite subtle. Please consider your words when posting an opinion or replying to one.
  • If you feel that someone is attacking you're opinion unfairly, almost all the time the best method to deal with this is to stop the argument by ignoring them. This forum has an excellent ignore feature and I suggest some of you should put it to use.
  • If you feel you are being persistently bullied or targeted by a particular user(s), please contact me via PM.
  • Topics, in particular ones related to Tool should remain on topic. There are plenty of threads for arguments and random thoughts - please use them.
  • Embedding of media into posts is ok, however they should not include full or partial nudity, sexually suggestive photos or gore. If you have an image or video you really need to share, then please feel free to link (not embed) with an appropriate NSFW warning.
  • It goes without saying for most, but racist insults & jokes and pedophilia aren't permitted in any forum. Get a life.
For violations of these rules, moderators will move, delete or edit posts without warning. If anyone feels like they are being targeted unfairly by moderators (at this point in time only Kittaan and myself - BKGG moderates the trading forum but not other areas), then feel free to contact me via PM. If I'm the one unfairly targeting you, then tough shit!

As with anything on this site, the rules are open to feedback.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Re: Forum Rules & Guidelines

Post by The Boss »

So "Infinity" is basically a "Wild West" scenario, where everything except for nudity is tolerated?

Duly noted.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

hellboy wrote:If I'm the one unfairly targeting you, then tough shit!
Damn! SOL, then.

But seriously, I hear you. I have definitely crossed the line on several occasions with one complete wanker of a forum member. Fucking well deserved if you ask me, but I'll tone it down. Getting boring anyway.
Ki77aan :twisted:
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Kittaan wrote:Fucking well deserved if you ask me
I've asked several times for examples, yet you haven't delivered.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

The Boss wrote:So "Infinity" is basically a "Wild West" scenario, where everything except for nudity is tolerated?

Duly noted.
Correct, and The Grudge forum for Tool related complaints.

As a general rule of thumb, if an image is NSFW, then it should be linked rather than embedded. This applies across the forum with the exception of the subscriber only section.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

It's
Kittaan wrote:
hellboy wrote:If I'm the one unfairly targeting you, then tough shit!
Damn! SOL, then.

But seriously, I hear you. I have definitely crossed the line on several occasions with one complete wanker of a forum member. Fucking well deserved if you ask me, but I'll tone it down. Getting boring anyway.
As tempting as it is (and I'm certainly not innocent of this) it's not a good look for a moderator to be bickering with others. Outside of the appropriate thread at least anyway.
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

Not Tyson wrote:
Kittaan wrote:Fucking well deserved if you ask me
I've asked several times for examples, yet you haven't delivered.
Well, you know how UKE can be. But I'll just have to give it a rest now. Appearances and all, Mate. G'day.
Ki77aan :twisted:
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

We need a clear definition of what constitutes trolling, as per my deleted posts in the traders den, disagreeing with an opinion is not trolling and I found BKGG's aggressive nature to my posts non helpful from a so called mod.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Not Tyson wrote:We need a clear definition of what constitutes trolling, as per my deleted posts in the traders den, disagreeing with an opinion is not trolling and I found BKGG's aggressive nature to my posts non helpful from a so called mod.
All the posts were deleted as they were off topic. There was no trolling involved in that particular incident.

The definition from Wikipedia seems adequate for my cause:
In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Kittaan wrote:Well, you know how UKE can be
Nooooo?
Don't mow your lawn
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

hellboy wrote:We all share this community together, and while freedom of speech is important, freedom from being bullied, ridiculed and tormented are equally as important. Lately I feel that the balance has shifted towards nastiness in some areas, and this post is here to add some clarification to the vague set of rules I try to run this forum by. None of these rules are especially new, but I figured a reminder wouldn't go astray.

Here are a list of rules and guidelines you must follow on Fourtheye.
  • Trolling is not permitted on the site outside of the Infinity forum. Users enter this particular forum at their own risk.
  • Personal attacks are not welcome, and may result in a temporary or permanent ban depending in their frequency or severity.
  • Inflammatory posts should be avoided, however I acknowledge that opinions may clash from time to time. Simple rule of thumb here is make your point and move on. Protracted arguments will be deemed off topic and removed.
  • The only exception to these rules are The Grudge thread. If you have a rant against Tool or Tool fans, this is the place.
  • The difference between a rant and an opinion can often be quite subtle. Please consider your words when posting an opinion or replying to one.
  • If you feel that someone is attacking you're opinion unfairly, almost all the time the best method to deal with this is to stop the argument by ignoring them. This forum has an excellent ignore feature and I suggest some of you should put it to use.
  • If you feel you are being persistently bullied or targeted by a particular user(s), please contact me via PM.
  • Topics, in particular ones related to Tool should remain on topic. There are plenty of threads for arguments and random thoughts - please use them.
  • Embedding of media into posts is ok, however they should not include full or partial nudity, sexually suggestive photos or gore. If you have an image or video you really need to share, then please feel free to link (not embed) with an appropriate NSFW warning.
For violations of these rules, moderators will move, delete or edit posts without warning. If anyone feels like they are being targeted unfairly by moderators (at this point in time only Kittaan and myself - BKGG moderates the trading forum but not other areas), then feel free to contact me via PM. If I'm the one unfairly targeting you, then tough shit!

As with anything on this site, the rules are open to feedback.
Check.

I'm just a peace-lovin' guy...
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
basejumper
Droner

Post by basejumper »

ilikecheese wrote:
I'm just a PIECE-lovin' guy...
Fixed it for ya.
Professor of Lesbian Science
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

basejumper wrote:
ilikecheese wrote:
I'm just an awesome dude.
Fixed it for ya.
Thank you my friend.
That means a lot to me.
It may look like I originally wrote that but I did not;
Thanks my friend.
Thanks.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

So Mog hasn't posted since this was made a thing.
also known as . . .
My pain is just an excuse

Post by also known as . . . »

PLEASE TAKE ME OFF OF ROBOT LIST SO THAT I MAY POST AT MY OWN FREE WILL
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Just a reminder about one rule in particular that has resulted in many deleted posts and a deleted thread:
You guys know who you are - the next step is banning...
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

To be fair, you can't post what he did and not expect SOME sort of backfire.

I like to think of myself as a karma policeman.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Thanks for the heads up, I could argue a case against but this ain't my house.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

Whoop whoop. I'm kinda excited for the next big argument here. Likely including Mog hah
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Nah, I'd be surprised to see this go past this post.

Likely will never be referenced again.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

The Boss wrote:Nah, I'd be surprised to see this go past this post.

Likely will never be referenced again.
That's kinda what I figured. But it was worth the mention. I can see HB deleting posts and stuff. But the ban hammer, to be honest, doesn't seem likely
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

I wouldn't tempt him.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

xZ1mM3r wrote: But the ban hammer, to be honest, doesn't seem likely
It's extremely likely if the antagonists continue their line of trolling. Thankfully it appears there won't be any further problems in this particular area.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

The Boss wrote:I wouldn't tempt him.
good idea haha. I'll be on my best behavior
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote: But the ban hammer, to be honest, doesn't seem likely
It's extremely likely if the antagonists continue their line of trolling. Thankfully it appears there won't be any further problems in this particular area.
Can I ask who exactly you're referring to? Let's start dropping names, I wanna know if I'm on the shit list