Random Music News

Music in all its forms and styles
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Re: Random Music News

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

The Boss wrote:
hellboy wrote:I don't think Sliverchair have been relevant since Kurt Cobain was killed by Elvis Presley.
Fixed.
Don't mow your lawn
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

The Boss wrote:
hellboy wrote:I don't think Sliverchair have been relevant since Kurt Cobain was killed by Courtney Love.
Fixed.
greatest post of 2014. will it hold up? it might!
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
badkittygothgirl
Stinkyfist

Post by badkittygothgirl »

Jermaine Rogers has a few choice words about Courtney.

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

She should have just taken him shopping-would have been quicker for the poor bastard.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Don't mow your lawn
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

http://www.antiquiet.com/truth/2014/01/ ... /?all=true

THE FBI INVESTIGATED A PERFECT CIRCLE’S BILLY HOWERDEL AS POSSIBLE SOURCE OF GUNS N’ ROSES ‘CHINESE DEMOCRACY’ LEAK
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

ziggy23 wrote:http://www.antiquiet.com/truth/2014/01/ ... /?all=true

THE FBI INVESTIGATED A PERFECT CIRCLE’S BILLY HOWERDEL AS POSSIBLE SOURCE OF GUNS N’ ROSES ‘CHINESE DEMOCRACY’ LEAK
Fuck me sideways, who gives a shit.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Isn't that kind of old news?

I remember reading something about it in that interview that fellow posted here where he asked some questions provided by some of the members here.
Don't mow your lawn
joeypants
Goderator

Post by joeypants »

I love how Billy is the main thrust of the headlines I've seen going around, when he's like .01% of that article. It's a really interesting article though. Must have sucked to be that guy.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

joeypants wrote:I love how Billy is the main thrust of the headlines I've seen going around, when he's like .01% of that article. It's a really interesting article though. Must have sucked to be that guy.
Tough days in FE, my brother.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Don't mow your lawn
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

cocaine is a hell-of-a-drug!
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

The Boss wrote:Tough days in FE, my brother.
[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Guitarist/vocalist Mikael Åkerfeldt of Swedish progressive metallers OPETH spoke to Decibel magazine about the progress of the songwriting sessions for the band's follow-up to 2011's "Heritage".

"I have about six songs done and another two or three just started," he said, "plus a million ideas that I haven't processed yet. Some songs are simple and stripped-down, while others are epic in the true sense of the word. Business as usual, hopefully with unusual music."

Åkerfeldt also revealed that he plans to enrich at least a few of the new OPETH tracks with strings.

"Some of these things could easily be done with synthetic sounds or effects," he said, "but recording the STORM CORROSION LP with Steven Wilson made me realize what a massive difference it can mean to incorporate the real shit. I'm semi-pretentious in my songwriting and sometimes I go all in. I think it's time for 'all in' with strings and the full monty. Hopefully it won't be a mess."

One of the songs that will appear on OPETH's forthcoming album was previously described by Åkerfeldt as a "crazy rip-off" of Italian prog outfit GOBLIN, which formed in 1972 and ran for ten years before splitting (the band has since reformed).

"It's a jam I came up with during the MASTODON/GHOST tour," he told Decibel, "that we ended up soundchecking. After a few days, you'd hear people in the corridors humming it. It's a fucking hit! But basically it's a not-so-subtle headbanging-type nod in GOBLIN's direction. And to avoid confusion, the song is even called 'Goblin'. My rip-off deteriorates mid-song and becomes fusion-esque darkened prog rock like MAHAVISHNU or ELP (yikes!). But it swings! It really does."

Speaking to the Swedish newspaper Expressen in September, Åkerfeldt stated about OPETH's plans for the upcoming CD: "We've been looking at [tracking the next album at] Rockfield Studios in Wales where QUEEN recorded 'Bohemian Rhapsody', but we haven't made a decision yet. But it will be an expensive album. There's a lot going on, lots of string arrangements that we haven't had in the past."

Asked if the forthcoming effort will be heavier or softer than 2011's "Heritage", Mikael said: "Maybe a little bit heavier. Not death metal heavy, but hard rock/heavy metal heavy. There's also lots of progressive elements and acoustic guitars, but also more sinister-sounding riffs."

Åkerfeldt also revealed that he was going to produce the new OPETH album himself, explaining: "I love the way DIO's 'Holy Diver' sounds, this early-'80s sound where you can still hear the '70s, but the production is heavier. Right now I'm into having a similar production that isn't retro but it still sounds like real instruments and it's heavier than 'Heritage'."

"Heritage" sold 19,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 19 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's previous studio CD, 2008's "Watershed", opened with more than 19,000 units to land at No. 23.
Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/opeths ... DdsODlR.99
Don't mow your lawn
Kittaan
Peen Taster

Post by Kittaan »

I am looking forward to the new Opeth greatly. I know Heritage was not popular, and for good reason, but I dug parts of it. Can't wait to hear what Akerfeldt comes up with next, especially after those references. They are quite amazing live as well.
Ki77aan :twisted:
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I'd listen to a hard rock Heritage.
Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Kittaan wrote:I am looking forward to the new Opeth greatly. I know Heritage was not popular, and for good reason, but I dug parts of it. Can't wait to hear what Akerfeldt comes up with next, especially after those references. They are quite amazing live as well.
Ditto. I adore OPETH, and can't wait for the day I finally get to see them live.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

I've got a dvd to break
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Have you seen them live?

I'm kind of betting on them touring late this year/early next year.
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

I have a live dvd of when Opeth was Opeth
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

I know, I've seen it.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Sunn O))) are recording a new album (?) in London:

http://www.ideologic.org/news

Or so it seems...

*fingers crossed*
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Calfium Jay wrote:Sunn O))) are recording a new album (?) in London:

http://www.ideologic.org/news

Or so it seems...

*fingers crossed*
There goes buckets of my cum.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

One for The Boss:
Visionary metal act TODAY IS THE DAY has confirmed a new lineup, as two new trusted assassins have been engaged to forge the band's tenth studio full-length, which is fully written and already coming to fruition.

Now joining TODAY IS THE DAY's founding guitarist/vocalist Steve Austin, Jeff Lohrber is laying down this album's percussive attack. Formerly also a touring drummer for TRAP THEM, SHAI HULUD and DEAD TO FALL, in addition to providing vocals/guitar for HARLOTS, Lohrber currently pummels society as lead vocalist, guitarist, songwriter and recording drummer in Milwaukee, Wisconsin's ENABLER.

Sean Conkling has been inducted to handle bass guitar. Conkling has supplied bass, vocals and countless other musical/engineering contributions to a plethora of acts, including JERMFLUX, REGRESSION, NOBODY, BURN YOUR HALO, SIDRA, SPRAWL and others, and since 2005 has been an engineer at Burning Blade Studio in Tempe, Arizona.

TODAY IS THE DAY is excited to announce this decimating and creative new lineup and sick record, which is already well under way and near completion. In early December 2013, the band entered Steve Austin's studio, Austin Enterprise Recording And Mastering in Maine. Steve has produced almost all of the TODAY IS THE DAY records and groundbreaking albums for LAMB OF GOD, CONVERGE, DEADGUY, FROM ASHES RISE, ANAL CUNT, and many others. This new opus in the mesmerizing TODAY IS THE DAY lineage coming together over the months ahead is a fifteen-song rampage of bloody carnage fueled by hate, love and vile, raw emotion.

States Austin of the process, and on the energy channeling through the new album: "I am super excited about this new album. I feel it is my finest work to this date. It is the most complex and HEAVY metal/noise record we have ever made. This is real.

"We got together and wrote these songs. No bullshit Pro Tools crap; just pure violent energy and real band songwriting in the middle of the woods in Maine.

"I would say it lies somewhere between 'Temple Of The Morning Star' and 'In The Eyes Of God', and Jeff's playing is beyond incredible.

"I was determined to push the limits in complexity, musicianship, and creativity as far as we could and I feel we have put together a record that narrates the horror and pain that we have been living through."

Further transmissions on TODAY IS THE DAY's abhorrent reign will continue in the weeks ahead, both as the tenth album's studio progress continues and then on the streets, as 2014 tour actions are also in the works.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/today- ... jTZuTxl.99