Music in all its forms and styles
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Re: Mike Patton - Tomahawk, Fantomas, FNM, Mr Bungle, etc

Post by ziggy23 »

Geoff Tate, “The Voice of Queensrÿche,” Cover’s Faith No More’s “Epic”
[youtube][/youtube]
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
Ettan
Dopocalyptic
Height: 190cm

Post by Ettan »

Geoff Tate is so fucking bad now. What happened? You've all seen when he insults the crowd right? "You guys suck". Or when he throws someones phone out in the crowd. Only Maynard gets away with shit like this :lol:
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Word is Faith No More played two new songs at their Festival appearance today in the UK. They were also dressed as priests...

The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

hellboy wrote:Word is Faith No More played two new songs at their Festival appearance today in the UK. They were also dressed as priests...

Where's Trey Spruance?
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

Fuck that. Where is Jim Martin?
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

Yep
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Where is Chuck Mosley?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Where is Bob Hope?
Don't mow your lawn
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

The new tunes are up on youtube.
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

Where's nurse Ratched?

Seriously though; where is Tomahawk?

God hates a coward sonny, got a date with my VCR
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
- You like noisy music?
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I hesitate to be too judgemental over what are pretty poor quality concert recordings, but neither of those songs sound fantastic to me. Still, I am excited by the idea of them doing a new album.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

FAITH NO MORE - Leader of Men/Superhero (Live HD)

full version of the first new song posted. I like it a lot actually. great riffs. Mikey's voice sounds great.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
petemasterpete
Lunchinator
Height: 7" (limp)

Post by petemasterpete »

[youtube][/youtube]
well piss on my tits and tell me it's raining
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Revealed at last week's Comic Con the Faith No More. / Mr. Bungle flip book is to be the second issue of the forthcoming series 'Rock & Roll Comics' published by Wildcard Ink.

The author of both sections is Mike Wellman, who published the Kids of Widney High comic about four years ago, working hand in hand with the band.

Matt Jacobs, the artist who created the animation for Tomahawk's ODDFELLOWS video last year is illustrating the Faith No More section.

Sinclair Klurgarsh is the artist of the Mr. Bungle section. The Mr. Bungle segment is very surreal, bouncing from carnival barkers to really dark, submerged paranoia to bright, sunny earthquake-riddled fun!

Everyone involved are HUGE fans of the music and are doing their best to honor that, even though it's 'unofficial'.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Bassist Billy Gould of the reactivated influential alt-metal act FAITH NO MORE has revealed to Classic Rock magazine that the band may begin work on a new studio album at some point in the not-too-distant future, explaining, "to do something creative would be a really good thing to do."

FAITH NO MORE recently hinted at the possibility of new music 17 years after the release of the band's last LP, "Album Of The Year", and debuted two new songs, "Superhero" and "Motherfucker" — when they supported BLACK SABBATH at London,'s Hyde Park on July 4.

"We're considering doing something new," Gould said. "[But] we're not going to go into a room and bang out a bunch of songs just to put something out; it has to to be right."

He continued: "Our relationships among ourselves are really positive at the moment, and to do something creative would be a really good thing to do. We're all at that stage. I mean, we're still the same people and there's still the same shit going on, but I think maybe we're a bit more appreciative of one another than we were fifteen years ago."

The group, which made a comeback in June 2009 with a headlining performance at the Brixton Academy in London, England and has played sporadic shows for the past few years, launched a new Twitter account and one of the first posts in May was as follows: "The reunion thing was fun, but now it's time to get a little creative."

"I think we still have a lot of potential to do really good things, and I think our heads, musically speaking, are in a really good space," Gould told Classic Rock.

"If anything is to come out of this, I'll probably have to be one of the instigators. But everybody has to want to do this or it doesn't happen.

"At this point, no one has a carrot or a stick to use on anyone else. If it comes together, it'll all be completely consensual."
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

That site may have just jinxed them by mentioning Black Sabbath.
Don't mow your lawn
Specter
Pencildick

Post by Specter »

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Dancing on the roof of some cartoon showroom
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... r-20140902
Influential alterna-metal iconoclasts Faith No More are set to release their seventh album — their first in 18 years — in April of 2015, bassist Bill Gould tells Rolling Stone. The record will be a totally independent product — produced by Gould, recorded in their Oakland rehearsal space and released on their own imprint, Reclamation Records (which will be distributed by frontman Mike Patton's long-running label, Ipecac Recordings).

"The name has to do with the fact that we realized we were free from our recording obligations," says Gould. "We weren't touring, we have these songs that we were working on — that we think are pretty cool — and why don't we just do our own imprint and kind of reclaim our future, in a way? We own the future more than we ever have."

Though no dates have been booked, the band is planning a full U.S. tour around the album's release. Since their return to the stage in 2009, they've only played five American cities.

The album's first single, "Motherfucker," a song they premiered in London's Hyde Park in July, will be released on a seven-inch due for November 28th release and limited to 5,000 copies as part of Record Store Day's Black Friday. The B-side will be a remix by electronic art-pop sound designer J.G. Thirlwell.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Post by not tyson »

So a headline tour late 2015, early 2016.

I can wait for that.
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

FUCK!!!!!

:o
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
fortysixand2
Uncle Fucker

Post by fortysixand2 »

It's about time they tour the states, damn!
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

holy shit!!
- You like noisy music?
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

Specter wrote:[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
great late song from them. one of my favs
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

hellboy wrote:
Bassist Billy Gould of the reactivated influential alt-metal act FAITH NO MORE has revealed to Classic Rock magazine that the band may begin work on a new studio album at some point in the not-too-distant future, explaining, "to do something creative would be a really good thing to do."

FAITH NO MORE recently hinted at the possibility of new music 17 years after the release of the band's last LP, "Album Of The Year", and debuted two new songs, "Superhero" and "Motherfucker" — when they supported BLACK SABBATH at London,'s Hyde Park on July 4.

"We're considering doing something new," Gould said. "[But] we're not going to go into a room and bang out a bunch of songs just to put something out; it has to to be right."

He continued: "Our relationships among ourselves are really positive at the moment, and to do something creative would be a really good thing to do. We're all at that stage. I mean, we're still the same people and there's still the same shit going on, but I think maybe we're a bit more appreciative of one another than we were fifteen years ago."

The group, which made a comeback in June 2009 with a headlining performance at the Brixton Academy in London, England and has played sporadic shows for the past few years, launched a new Twitter account and one of the first posts in May was as follows: "The reunion thing was fun, but now it's time to get a little creative."

"I think we still have a lot of potential to do really good things, and I think our heads, musically speaking, are in a really good space," Gould told Classic Rock.

"If anything is to come out of this, I'll probably have to be one of the instigators. But everybody has to want to do this or it doesn't happen.

"At this point, no one has a carrot or a stick to use on anyone else. If it comes together, it'll all be completely consensual."
With song-names as edgy as "Motherfucker", I can only imagine how riveting this album is going to be.

Would probably be fucking awesome without Patton. Good Lord that man is a fucking wet fart.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.