has a small dick

Re: Revocation (AKA The UKE thread)

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Interview with Dave over at Metalhead Blog.
Jojo: If you had to pick the lineup for a headlining Revocation tour right now and bring three bands you’ve never played with before, who would they be and why?

Dave: Vektor because they are doing something unique with the thrash genre. 

Morbus Chron because they're new record is amazing and I'd love to see them play that material live. 

And finally Exivious because they're a killer band with great musicianship.
Jojo: What is your craziest or funniest tour story?

Dave: For me touring in Japan was a real trip. We were just starting out touring for real and managed to get over to Japan pretty early on after we signed to Relapse. I had no idea how we would be received over there but people were really losing their minds. Fans we're waiting overnight in the hotel lobby for us to come out to give autographs and the whole nine yards. I've never felt like a rock star before except for going over there. It was amazing to meet the fans and connect with people on the other side of the globe that really love your music.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Brett's side-project Publicist UK has released another odd tune called "Slow Dancing To This Bitter Earth" which MetalSucks describes as sounding "like The Cure meets Pavement."

Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Another interview with Dave over at Heavy Blog Is Heavy.
How would you describe the new song to someone who didn’t have a chance to catch you on tour to hear it?

It’s really really heavy. We did a lot of touring with Misery Index and Dying Fetus and there’s a definitely a little bit of that vibe to it in terms of the opening riff and the verse riff; it’s heavy, death metal vibe with some groove. But there’s also the sort of signature Revocationisms that are in there as well, but overall it’s just a really heavy song with some atmosphere.

Can’t wait to hear it! So did you write most of the music for the new record or was is a collaborative effort throughout?

I wrote 8 of the songs, and Dan wrote 2, so it’s basically the same thing like the self-titled record. But we all collaborate together and jam on stuff in the practice space. Me and Phil live in the same city so we get together and jam together and really flesh out the details and stuff like that. We make sure everything’s flowing well, for the most part. I work out all the stuff sort of in my head, and then I’ll get together with Phil and we’ll start jamming and that’s when we kind of bounce different ideas off of each other and stuff like that.

Do you program your parts onto a DAW and send it off to different guys in the band?

Well, essentially, I record all my songs with guitar and bass all the way through, with no drums under it, so I can send it to Phil so he can start thinking of drum beats in his head. Then we get to the practice space and just kind of hash it out. I mean I’ve been playing with Phil for so long that we can click really easily. If I’m thinking “Oh, this riff really needs a thrash bit,” I don’t even have to say it to Phil. There’s an unspoken chemistry between us since we’ve been playing together for so long. But at the same time he’ll definitely surprise me with some different stuff. Or if I get a very specific beat in mind, I’ll sort of verbally explain it to him and I’ll be like “Ok, so the riff is in 5? Here’s what I’m thinking about with different accents”. I never program anything when it comes to drums. Once in a while I’ll mess around with that stuff but because Phil and I live so close we tend to just jam it out in the studio instead.
You guys used a 7 string on a few songs from the last record as well as your EP. Will we see the return of the 7 string on the upcoming release?

Yeah, actually the new album is mostly on 7s. I think there’s one song that’s a 6 string all the way through, but everything else has 7 strings. The Teratogenesis EP was the first time…essentially our introduction to 7 strings on the title track. And then on our last record, the self-titled, we used them a little more and more, and this is like our transition becoming complete on the newest record. We don’t really like to limit ourselves. We try to hopefully use the 7 string in a way that is unique and doesn’t simply rely on the lower strings. A lot of the parts…even though we’re using 7 strings, a lot of the songs don’t have it the whole way through; a lot of the songs could be played on a 6 string until, say, the bridge or the chorus, where we’ll go to the 7 string just to add a different contrast to the music, add some depth to it. We try not to exclusive write using the low string for every riff; we try to mix it up and keep it varied.
So did you guys do anything today in Fort Lauderdale, or did you guys just kinda get here, load in, and chill?

I follow Trick Daddy on Instagram and he swears by this place Crab Man 305 which is in Opa Locka. So we roll up, Brett [Bamberger] and I, on this ridiculous mission to get this huge seafood feast, and we each dropped like $40 on this giant snow crab plate and it was pretty ridiculous, to say the least, so that’s how my day has been spent [laughs].

I’ll have to go try it some day; I love some good snow crab. Well, before we go I have one more question for you: describe the new album in one sentence.

Uhh….shit. This is hard, man. It’s heavy, it’s dark, progressive, and pissed. Oh, and there’s guitar solos! [laughs].
http://www.heavyblogisheavy.com/2014/08 ... interview/
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

In this episode of Ask The Artist Metal Injection asks Dave Davidson and Dan Gargiulo what non-metal artist would they like to collaborate with?

Dave's answer is intriguing and something I would totally like to see happen.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

And I don't think it's necessarily outside the realm of possibility either.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Was it Robert Smith?
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Josh Homme
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

New song tomorrow!
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Here it is, 'Deathless'

Album releases Oct. 18.

From Dave Davidson:
Collectively, we feel that “Deathless” is our finest offering yet. The songs are incredibly varied and each one showcases a different element of the band. Technically, everyone is in top form on this record, as well, and we really pushed ourselves to deliver the best performances possible on all fronts. This is a new chapter and a new beginning for the band; we can’t wait for this record to be unleashed in October!
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

I like it. Though I'm not sold on the darker tone. I love the guitar riff backing the solo, though the solo doesn't really do much for me. I didn't care for the chorus the first time through but I liked it more the second time I listened to it. I just don't like the way they pronounce dawn at the end, it's just too obvious and cheap. Overall I'd give it an 8/10.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Artwork is fucking awesome.

Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

This song keeps getting better every time I listen to it. Third time through and I'm fucking loving it.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

From the Metal Blade site:
REVOCATION have spent the last eight years converting fans to their cause with four full length albums, an EP with Scion AV, and a charismatic live show led by guitarist/vocalist Dave Davidson. The Boston-based band also features the staggeringly talented lineup of: Dan Gargiulo on guitar, Brett Bamberger on bass, and Phil Dubois on drums. REVOCATION has firmly been established as one of the genre’s finest and will continue their campaign as part of the Metal Blade Records roster. Their fifth album, “Deathless,” is a fitting debut for the label, and a definitive statement of intent from the band.

“Deathless” is set for an October 14th release, today the artwork, track listing and first single which is the title track, have been unveiled. The album will be available in CD, 2LP and digital formats. Get a first listen to the song HERE and be sure to pre-order the album.

“Deathless” was recorded with acclaimed producer Zeuss at Planet Z studios in Massachusetts. The album is ten tracks of ambitious, catchy, and undeniably heavy material. Musically, cuts like “Madness Opus” showcase a more deliberate REVOCATION – restrained, if even moderately so, to deliver a slow, near-dirge like track. Alternatively, the title track highlights the diversity of Davidson’s vocals with a catchy chorus. It’s an earworm the likes of which the band had only previously hinted. The rest of the album offers a refreshing variety of music and truly feels like an “album”, rather than a collection of similar tracks. This is a refinement, achieved only through years of focusing on their craft.

Davidson adds, “Collectively, we feel that “Deathless” is our finest offering yet. The songs are incredibly varied and each one showcases a different element of the band. Technically, everyone is in top form on this record, as well, and we really pushed ourselves to deliver the best performances possible on all fronts. This is a new chapter and a new beginning for the band; we can’t wait for this record to be unleashed in October!“

Lyrically, “Deathless” addresses life on the road and the band’s commitment to touring, followed by even more touring. “Madness Opus” made its live debut when REVOCATION toured with DevilDriver and Whitechapel during the summer of 2014. Davidson discusses the track: “The crowd response for that tune has been overwhelmingly positive. It’s one of the heaviest songs we’ve ever written, hands down, and has been a blast to play live. Lyrically, it’s about one of my favorite HP Lovecraft stories, “The Music Of Erich Zann”. Fans of unnamable cosmic horror and punishing death metal will not be disappointed!“

Revocation begins touring in support of “Deathless” in September with Crowbar in North America, followed by a full European tour with new label mates Cannibal Corpse and Aeon. Much is more is set to come – this is the beginning of a new era for Revocation.
“Deathless” Track Listing:
01. A Debt Owed to the Grave
02. Deathless
03. Labyrinth of Eyes
04. Madness Opus
05. Scorched Earth Policy
06. The Blackest Reaches
07. The Fix
08. United in Helotry
09. Apex
10. Witch Trials
http://www.metalblade.com/us/news/revoc ... deathless/
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:Artwork is fucking awesome.

Good news, everyone! This is, in fact, the final version of the album cover. They aren't adding any logos or anything. Fuck yeah!
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Can't stop listening to Deathless.
Don't mow your lawn
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Didn't do anything for me, Rumplebroskin, but I'm glad you're happy.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Badass print for the Madness Opus t-shirt.

Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Revocation is up against Septicflesh in this Loudwire Death Match poll.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Here's a new entry in Altars Of Fatness, Dave's food blog.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Revocation making of videos were a lot better before they had production values. I watched this whole thing waiting for an intervention to start.

That snippet of song at the beginning was pretty cool though.
Don't mow your lawn
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Don't mow your lawn
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

I'm going to be brave and give this band a shot. Give me an album to hear.
Hey! Denty!
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

Try Chaos of Forms
Don't mow your lawn