Australian politics thread

For discussions that don't fit inside the other forums
Forum rules
Threads should remain on topic. Unnecessary trolling and bickering posts will be deleted. Some light hearted banter will be tolerated. Controversial topics such as racism, paedophilia and such will be deleted. The beatings will continue until moral improves.
not tyson
Grammy Winner
Height: 186cm

Re: Australian politics thread

Post by not tyson »

Well basically the program covered a lot of things, we freed the shit out of East Timor, not for egalitarian reasons, but for their resources and we spied the fuck them over in negotiations, all for commercial gains of private businesses.

You can say it's to be expected, but I expect better from our government. Using our military to fill the coffers of private enterprise, who do we think we are, America?
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Not Tyson wrote:Well basically the program covered a lot of things, we freed the shit out of East Timor, not for egalitarian reasons, but for their resources and we spied the fuck them over in negotiations, all for commercial gains of private businesses.

You can say it's to be expected, but I expect better from our government. Using our military to fill the coffers of private enterprise, who do we think we are, America?
I am familiar with the story and for what it's worth I agree with your sentiment.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee
Height: Not A Fucking Manlet

Post by The Boss »

Lock in B, Eddy: Thailand, Indonesia, and Malaysia.
O love will you read the letters I will send to you.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Not Tyson wrote:Well basically the program covered a lot of things, we freed the shit out of East Timor, not for egalitarian reasons, but for their resources and we spied the fuck them over in negotiations, all for commercial gains of private businesses.

Yes?
BlackHole83
Stinkyfist

Post by BlackHole83 »

100 bucks chair sniffer Buswell is allowed back into office. Lol what a joke WA politicians are
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

BlackHole83 wrote:100 bucks chair sniffer Buswell is allowed back into office. Lol what a joke WA politicians are
At least you have a result.
"She's a very charming and delightful creature, and has only one fault that I know of. It happens, unfortunately, that that single blemish is a want of taste. She don't like me."
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

Kittaan
Peen Taster

Australian politics thread

Post by Kittaan »

God lord you are correct.

Being an Aussie... SMH.
Ki77aan :twisted:
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

Oh I don't know. Dame Liz does have a ring to it...
not tyson
Grammy Winner

Post by not tyson »

ilikecheese
Hey Jude

Post by ilikecheese »

you'd be a lost counrtinent if not for that...person.
The above post is entertainment. It is most likely not directed at any individual unless specified. Any other interpretation, gleaning, or reckoning, of this post without the express, written, consent of Cheese, is strictly prohibited.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

I'm sorry but I don't remember drinking that!
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

By way of explanation for the above, in case anyone is interested in Aussie politics (now that old mate Tyson is absent) the NSW Premier just resigned over an alleged bribe involving a bottle of 1959 Grange that he received from a company executive. The bottle is reported to be worth $3000, a bargain really Maynard paid $17 000 for his 1975 bottle.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

I believe it was more like $71,000 and is still a record for Grange.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

hellboy wrote:I believe it was more like $71,000 and is still a record for Grange.
Whoops it was. That was my dyslexic typing on show. :)
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

"Following the election of Dio Wang in the WA elections it occurs to us that we now have a left wing Wong and a right wing Wang." Shaun Micallef
I giggled.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

The fat lebo cunt got owned in this interview. Working till 70? Fuck that!

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/ ... .html#poll
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Interesting article. Please leave the racism for other forums though.

Fucked if I'm working until 70 just so middle class people can have more babies.
liz
Lunchinator

Post by liz »

hellboy wrote:Interesting article. Please leave the racism for other forums though.

Fucked if I'm working until 70 just so middle class people can have more babies.
I totally agree, this idea is fraught with inequity especially with regards to people who work in the more physically demanding jobs.

We have detention camps full of able bodied workers without paying women to go back to work a few months after giving birth, and ensuring that more people die on the job (I wonder what implications that has for workers comp?).

On the subject of detention camps my sister in law is a frequent visitor to a family in detention and it has been very interesting to hear a first hand perspective on both the asylum seekers themselves and how they are dealt with. All I can say is our policies regarding these people are incredibly combative and short sighted.

And yes Doors you are a very rude young man. The bloke and my son happened to be reading your post, as I had it open on the TV screen at one point. We laughed but it was at you not with you I'm afraid.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

http://www.glennmurray.com.au/abbotts-w ... s-no-need/

This is pretty fucking disturbing.

I can honestly not see any good coming from him being Australia's Prime Minister. Not one thing.

The worst part is, he's making John Howard look sensitive, progressive, and capable. Fuck me sideways.
doors
Metalologist

Post by doors »

I regret voting liberals.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. Anyone with half a brain knew that Tony Abbott would end up being a disaster.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

Funny you should mention "blame". I find it difficult NOT blaming Australia as a whole for this disaster. Somehow, the country had a competent, forward-thinking government that admittedly had some severe foundational problems - and yet it decided to throw many years of intelligent government to the wind, just because some media tycoon told them to.

You have to admit, this does not paint Australia well at all. And I do believe that the country will be paying this for years to come. Both nationally and internationally.
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I agree with your statement Boss, yet on the other hand I don't see how as an individual I really had any say in the matter.
The Boss
LSDeeeeeee

Post by The Boss »

hellboy wrote:I agree with your statement Boss, yet on the other hand I don't see how as an individual I really had any say in the matter.
And, most unfortunately, I agree with you too.

After my studies last year, I've grown more interested in community-based initiatives as forces for change. Start small, you know?

That's where we have the most impact as individuals. Though, judging from your offline activities, you are already more than aware of that.