Fear Inoculum

Danny
Has been

Re: Fear Inoculum

Post by Danny »

There’s a reaction channel called Lost in Vegas, they reacted to FI.

The more i listen fo FI the more i’m loving it, i’m soo happy.
I forgot my pen
snazzlefrass
Shankdagger
Height: 7.5inches

Post by snazzlefrass »

It’s amazing to hear whilst buzzed as fuck. Like, I wanna climb that fucking tree. Then I stand up and my backs like “nope, sit your aging ass down and have another beer”

“Ok” I says.
SteveBobSteve
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

jackob2545 wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:53 am
tys0n wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:09 am I found my Astell & Kern player and coupled with my ath-m50x and FLAC file it's fucking AMAZING

Although I think I'm now partially deaf.
What model A&K are you running? I have the m50’s as well and just dove into some entry vintage HiFi home gear and have the itch! I have the Tidal free trial after using Spotify for a long time and the difference is tremendous. I have a large FLAC library and would like to go all HiFi for both portable and at home listening and the A&K seems to be a great piece to bridge the Vintage home stereo system with HiFi digital media.
Just an AK Jr which I got for a steal, I ain't rich man!
Canned audience laughter
Danny
Has been

Post by Danny »

I love the dude in the reaction video that @MOG posted, that was a genuine reaction.

I was concerned about the length of FI but damn it doesn’t drag at all, i’m speechless.
I forgot my pen
purplepanther777
Bronco's Fan

Post by purplepanther777 »

I took some acid and listened to Fear Inoculum a few times last night. Hearing and feeling that symphony of self-orbiting mind magick hovering in hyperspace... goddamn just fucking beautiful. I admit I was having a hard time with some of the vocals (especially their placement so far above the mix) but after penetrating the surface and getting deeper inside the music I am again in awe of that man's artistic abilities. So many chills were sent up my spine by moments where something in the music moved right through him and spoke through his body. Ghostly and spooky really (and moving and beautiful). And the music in general... the articulations of subtle abstractions amidst the concrete structure. So many things going on, so dense with information and meaning. I am so grateful that these old men have survived fame and fortune and are delivering another psychedelic masterpiece.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

^I think I got a contact high just reading that. :D

Glad to hear most of you are digging it. This place is going to be even more interesting once the entire album is out.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

What amazes me is that people watch reaction videos at all, especially from edgelords who harvest clicks from disliking what is cool.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Just dropped some acid myself... fucking third degree burns on my hands and shins. I look like an Alex Grey being.
hellboy wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:51 pm What amazes me is that people watch reaction videos at all, especially from edgelords who harvest clicks from disliking what is cool.
Can I get a hallelujah! Praise Godzilla.
I know the pieces fit, I studied the numbers in Southern France.
Capt. Shipwreck
Has been

Post by Capt. Shipwreck »

What hasn’t been mentioned is Maynard could sing all three of these tunes for another 15 years! It’s great when he stretches himself, but at this point in his career why put it past the bounds. He seems a little more mature and happy lately too, good for him. Maturing like a fine wine. His lyrics on all three are Great! Play within yourself and range, I like it!
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Post by Busty McCracken »

One thing I'm kinda hoping for the new album that im surprised hasn't been mentioned is some of the ending to the songs are a little mixed up.

Descending & Invincible both have a somewhat similar climax to say 46&2 with that offbeat hit/mute in unison. FI kinda follows a similar path again. Only a little thing just something I've noticed
Listen to All Them Witches
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

It's true I guess, but I think it's more the nature of the polyrythms they are using than by design.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeah that could be a fair call, didn't look at it that way.

I actually don't hate the fact we've had a chance to digest some songs before hand. Each song, especially this one has needed some time to digest properly (even more so that usual) so it'll make the first full listen somewhat more familiar.

Listening to fear inoculum first time, reminded me of seeing pulp fiction as a young fella. When it ended I knew I liked it but had no idea what in the fuck had just happened. To everyone going in completely blind it's going to be an almost overwhelming first listen front to back I imagine. I mean it will be amazing for them but fuck what a ride.

I'm excited can ya tell?
fractal-machine
Has been

Post by fractal-machine »

Boldizar wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:55 pm
hellboy wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:51 pm What amazes me is that people watch reaction videos at all, especially from edgelords who harvest clicks from disliking what is cool.
Can I get a hallelujah! Praise Godzilla.
Hallelujah! My kids try to get me to watch these. At first it was the challenge videos and then the reaction videos. But hey my 12 year old daughter loves em!
A person or group which is used or controlled, usually unwittingly, by another person or group.
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

I am trying to hold off listening to Descending and Invincible anymore until launch.
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

Yeah I haven't listened to them in about a month. I thought the Berlin bootlegs sounded great until I heard studio version of FI. Very keen to hear the studio tracks , especially descending. Could never get enough clarity on Justin's bass from any recording to properly enjoy it.
nxrm
Dan's Alias

Post by nxrm »

Busty McCracken wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:54 pm To everyone going in completely blind it's going to be an almost overwhelming first listen front to back I imagine. I mean it will be amazing for them but fuck what a ride.

I'm excited can ya tell?
I definitely appreciate reading everyone's comments about Fear Inoculum, and I think I'm prepared for that experience.

I'm going to skip any reviews and/or comments about the entire album though, at least until I've had a chance to listen to it on my own a few times. Reading about this one song is enough.

21 days!!!
So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Busty McCracken wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:44 pm One thing I'm kinda hoping for the new album that im surprised hasn't been mentioned is some of the ending to the songs are a little mixed up.

Descending & Invincible both have a somewhat similar climax to say 46&2 with that offbeat hit/mute in unison. FI kinda follows a similar path again. Only a little thing just something I've noticed
It works so well for invincible though. Adam rolls through the song so fast I love that it slowly rolls to a halt.

The only unfair thing against FI right now is the other two songs. I’ve had it on repeat over the other two just cuz of the sheer quality of audio but “sound the dread alarm” scratches that classic tool itch every damn time it’s played.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Thanks for the bald Simon pegg reaction video it was calming
Busty McCracken
Lord Festivus

nxrm wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:22 pm
Busty McCracken wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:54 pm To everyone going in completely blind it's going to be an almost overwhelming first listen front to back I imagine. I mean it will be amazing for them but fuck what a ride.

I'm excited can ya tell?
I definitely appreciate reading everyone's comments about Fear Inoculum, and I think I'm prepared for that experience.

I'm going to skip any reviews and/or comments about the entire album though, at least until I've had a chance to listen to it on my own a few times. Reading about this one song is enough.

21 days!!!
Much respect to you guys. I like to think I at least have some willpower but you lot are something else man. To be able to avoid it this long, done real well.
rshforgothispw
Fornicraster

Post by rshforgothispw »

Yeah I often forget some people are virgins to these songs. Sorry if I spoil too much I’m just stoked. When I drive to get gas with FI playing I pull up and bust through the doors like TOOLS FUCKING BACK GUYS! Not really I’m just like 20 on 3 please, but on the ride back I fucking play it so hard
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

rshforgothispw wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:43 pm Yeah I often forget some people are virgins
Yeah, that more or less sums up Fourtheye readers
Bill Hilly
Droner
Location: Leavenworth Penitentiary - Dishonorably discharged from Tool Army

Post by Bill Hilly »

nxrm wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:22 pm
I didn't even think about the album reviews that will be coming out after the embargo is over. We got this. :shock:
"I'm kind of a big dill." - Schlong Burgundy
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

hellboy wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:20 am
rshforgothispw wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:43 pm Yeah I often forget some people are virgins

You're confusing us with Rush fans..

'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
tys0n
Streeper

Post by tys0n »

'us'

Pretty sure Hellboy was having a dig at the lurkers, which seems kind of mean, who would want to participate with a moderator taking swipes at you like that?
Canned audience laughter
Boldizar
Optomist

Post by Boldizar »

Calfium Jay wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:15 am
hellboy wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:20 am

You're confusing us with Rush fans..

Hahaha, that was brutal. OG incels?