Video game news

Discussions on gaming, gadgets and other technology related topics
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Re: Video game news

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

One week until Halo 5.

Oh do yourself a favor and pick up the Uncharted Remaster on the PS4. The Nathan Drake Collection. Superb job done with the remasters. Looks and plays fantastically well. Definitely has me stoked for Uncharted 4. Plus you get access to the UC4 mutliplayer beta. Good shit.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Almost makes you want to go and buy the themed xbone just to get the game early :P. I'm trying to avoid spoilers like the plague .

Warzone is a lot of fun, but personally i still prefer Arena. CTF is back. I didnt enjoy it in 4/reach but it feels like Halo CTF again.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

MobileVortex wrote:Almost makes you want to go and buy the themed xbone just to get the game early :P. I'm trying to avoid spoilers like the plague .

Warzone is a lot of fun, but personally i still prefer Arena. CTF is back. I didnt enjoy it in 4/reach but it feels like Halo CTF again.
Arena is great, particularly now that they have added ADS. I am not huge fan of hip fire/zoom mechanic in multiplayer. I don't mind it in the campaigns as it feels natural there, but I wasn't big into multiplayer back in the day. Wasn't until I picked up the MCC that I started actively playing Halo multiplayer. It is fun but a bit slow for my taste, and as I mentioned above, the lack of ADS annoys me. I think the Sprint/jump-pull up/melee mechanics they have tweaked/added along with the limited ADS will bring what feels like dated multiplayer into current gen. I know many a Halo vet that absolutely hate ADS. As much as I hate Destiny now that is much more my style of multiplayer so I like the changes 343 has made. I will likely spend more time in Warzone. I found a clan I will be running with though so I am sure I will be doing a bit of everything.
Last edited by THE1TRUEMOG on Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

add me on XBL... ill be on Halo 5.

Gamertag: xz1mm3r
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

xZ1mM3r wrote:add me on XBL... ill be on Halo 5.

Gamertag: xz1mm3r
Right on will do. Gotta meet up with me new clan mates at some point so probably sometime later tonight. No longer clans actually, they are called Spartan Companies now.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

It's good you have a clan to run Warzone with. From my experience it can become a cluster fuck real quick if you don't have at least 5 people working on the same objective. The lvl 8 REQ is hard to get, I've found it's good to have one player try to get to it as quick as possible. Sometimes it's even worth it to help your friend out buy buying a low lvl weapon and dropping it for them so they dont have to waste their points.

Ugh i've already said to much, see you on the battlefield :)
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

MobileVortex wrote:It's good you have a clan to run Warzone with. From my experience it can become a cluster fuck real quick if you don't have at least 5 people working on the same objective. The lvl 8 REQ is hard to get, I've found it's good to have one player try to get to it as quick as possible. Sometimes it's even worth it to help your friend out buy buying a low lvl weapon and dropping it for them so they dont have to waste their points.

Ugh i've already said to much, see you on the battlefield :)
Haha thanks for the tip!
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

whats your GT
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

xZ1mM3r wrote:whats your GT
Check your inbox.

My K/D is garbage in Halo. At first it irritated me because I am competitive as fuck, shocker I know..but then the logical part of me kicked in and reminded myself that so many of these cats have been playing Halo multiplayer for years and have it down to a science. I hate it when people quit even if they are getting recked. It is fun watching a really organized team do their thing. Gotta respect it. I have been on the other side of that in other games so it all balances out in the end.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

Sounds like Mog is terrible at game. Don't worry mate - we won't judge you harshly because you can't match it with a bunch of Star Wars loving tweens.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

hellboy wrote:Sounds like Mog is terrible at game. Don't worry mate - we won't judge you harshly because you can't match it with a bunch of Star Wars loving tweens.
^ Butthurt much Kylo? :lol:
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Not at all, I have more important things to get butthurt over than your misguided opinions on Star Wars.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:
hellboy wrote:Sounds like Mog is terrible at game. Don't worry mate - we won't judge you harshly because you can't match it with a bunch of Star Wars loving tweens.
Ah hypocritical much? You delete my post for being off topic when you started it by taking a shot at me that was off topic. Slow clap :roll:
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

THE1TRUEMOG wrote:
THE1TRUEMOG wrote:
Ah hypocritical much? You delete my post for being off topic when you started it by taking a shot at me that was off topic. Slow clap :roll:
What post are you talking about? I haven't deleted shit.
ziggy23
Stink Wizard

Post by ziggy23 »

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
- You like noisy music?
- Yes. The louder the better. Stops me from thinking.
- You don't like to think? What do you like?
- Never thought about it.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

ziggy23 wrote:[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
^ Oh yes this ^
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Assassins Creed Syndicate is solid. A thousand times better than Unity. Ubisoft reedemed themselves...to an extent....I am still salty about Rainbow Six Seige not having a single player campaign. Does give me some hope that are capable of delivering with The Division.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Pre-loaded and ready to go! Tonight is the night. Work will suck tomorrow haha.

#huntthetruth #halo5
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

MobileVortex wrote:Pre-loaded and ready to go! Tonight is the night. Work will suck tomorrow haha.

#huntthetruth #halo5
be a man god damnit... call in sick.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
MobileVortex wrote:Pre-loaded and ready to go! Tonight is the night. Work will suck tomorrow haha.

#huntthetruth #halo5
I would, but I'm on vacation Wed-Tues. I feel better about playing more on Wed anyway. Let the Servers have 24hrs to work out the kinks ;)
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Taking time off at launch for multiplayer is silly. As Mobile Vortex points out why waste time with all that server congestion.

If it's just for single player though, then make it so!
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

MobileVortex wrote:
xZ1mM3r wrote:

#huntthetruth #halo5
I would, but I'm on vacation Wed-Tues. I feel better about playing more on Wed anyway. Let the Servers have 24hrs to work out the kinks ;)
One would hope after the clusterfuck that was the MCC multiplayer launch that they would have stress tested those servers to the nth degree. That said, you really cannot simulate that kind of server load. I imagine the real test will be this weekend. Hopefully all goes well. I will knock out the campaign in a few days and play the shit out of Warzone this weekend.
N.Y.H.C.
Serial Thrilla

Post by N.Y.H.C. »

wow.

[BBvideo 560,340][/BBvideo]
Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that ship, not excuses.
THE1TRUEMOG
Green Herbsman

Post by THE1TRUEMOG »

Halo fucking 5 motherfuckers. Absolutely love this game. Outstanding campaign, perfect implementation of ADS while still maintaining a Halo feel and the new movement mechanics are outstanding. Warzone is one of the best multiplayer experiences I have ever had. Arena is a blast. Co-op is perfect. The dedicated servers have been perfect with little to no lag or disconnects. Fantastic launch to the best Halo game ever made. That's right bitches, I said it...THE BEST HALO GAME EVER MADE. Fuck the haters. I have played all the prior Halo's multiple times and they were wonderful for their time and certainly a blast to revisit, but ultimately they are dated and slow. 343 got this one right. They showed good progress with Halo 4, but they knocked it out of the park with Halo 5. A proper next (current) gen experience, supremely executed running buttery smooth at 60fps. Halo 5 FTW. 343 > Bungie

Oh and Z, you fucker, where have you been? You have been AFK. Was gonna invite you to the Spartan Company I joined but you are never on. Oh well.

Anyhoo, Assasins Creed Syndicate has been solid and Fallout 4 is right around the corner as well as Battlefront and the new Tomb Raider. Then you have Just Cause 3 in about a month. So many good games to play. Makes my dick hard.
MobileVortex
RIP

Post by MobileVortex »

Today will be day 3 with Halo 5 for me. I've gotten through the first 6 missions on Legendary on 2 player co-op. Loving the game so far, other then the AI squad members. They do some pretty dumb things, and sometimes will just get stuck trying to figure out what I'm ordering them to do. I wish they would just let you change to one of the other characters once you die, kinda like Evolve does. I'll reserve judgement until i've finished the story, but I would say this might be the easiest Halo campaign i've played? Maybe I'm just that much better after all this Destiny raiding i've done. I've only played a few matches of Warzone and maybe 10 Arena matches, so I'll report back on that after this weekend.

Now if I can just get used to right thumbstick being crouch, and not B which is the exact opposite of what I want to do.

See you on the battlefield.

Good luck and happy gaming.