Random Tool Social Media thread

The Main Event
nxrm
Living Duller

Re: Random Tool Social Media thread

Post by nxrm »

Once last thing before I call it a night: that time the Melvins hacked Toolband. :D

So Long, and Thanks for All the Tool.
hellboy
Site Admin
Height: 182cm

Post by hellboy »

"Hacked"
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

How anyone could look at that photo of Adam Jones' son at the mixing desk and come away with any other conclusion other than the new album is finished is beyond me.

The new album is finished.

:|
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

hellboy wrote:"Hacked"
Yeah, I definitely should have added those quotes as well. :D

*Here's the post after the picture was removed:

"Diary entry for 28 May (2000)

We apologize to both TOOL and MELVINS fans for the incident here over the weekend. We are investigating it, but we are unsure of whether the hack was sanctioned by the Melvins or if it was a lone gunman. Apparently, someone at toolband gave out the password on Friday before we took our annual Memorial Day holiday. The hacker, knowing we would be away from our computers, posted the offending picture late Friday night but we didn't notice until this morning. Of course, the picture has been removed, passwords changed, and security tightened."

And here's one the gems found in a purged post:

"Diary entry for 10 Jul (2002)

Last night as the sun sunk heavily over Los Angeles, on the eve of a New Moon, members of the TOOL family gathered one by one in a heavily gaurded location, to experience a glimpse of things to come. Milling around in the tepid warehouse, sipping cold beers and soaking up the electricity in the air, were artists, musicians, performers, creators and friends of the band - too many to name. When everyone had arrived, the lights dimmed. The band emerged in front of a black curtain and the show began. For over two hours the small crowd was shaken to its foundations, catapulting through new universes and levels of consciousness, in an experience beyond anything TOOL has ever produced before. The band, individually and as a whole, were truly at their finest. Spirits swooned (and kegs were drained). We don't want to give away any secrets before the first live show. However be assured, this tour will rip you out of your mundane existence, replenish the life energy deep within you, and leave you staggering.
The countdown has begun. One more day till blast-off..."
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

The Melvins also hacked the election
Don't mow your lawn
nxrm
Living Duller

Post by nxrm »

UndKeineZwEier wrote:The Melvins also hacked the election
I'd vote for Buzz.

Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Since it's the end of March we all know what that means: Hell Buoys attempt at some April Fools Day pranks.

Well I've got some good news everyone- I'm here to spoil that fun! What will it be? "Maynard smiles while signing an autograph for a smelly fan while going off to rehab for the eighth time"? Maybe "Danny quits Tool to join Roger Waters and his three year tour of playing Wish You Were Here from front to back".

Puttting power to the people, post them. :ugeek:
Generic triangle avatar lives on.
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Maynard finishes vocals for upcoming Snoopy Dawg album...

hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

I haven't even thought about April Fools this year. Might not be a prank this time around, nothing has inspired me enough.

I think my prank from last year was pretty good: http://www.fourtheye.net/2016/03/axl-ro ... pean-tour/
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

That was a good one, but obvious. You got me a few years ago (or whenever it was) about Maynard possibly going to rehab and some live DVD or book by the band or something. Wasn't even thinking about it since you have nearly a day up on us here in the US of A and even posted it a day early if memory serves me right. (It probably doesn't)
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Krazy_blah wrote:That was a good one, but obvious. You got me a few years ago (or whenever it was) about Maynard possibly going to rehab and some live DVD or book by the band or something. Wasn't even thinking about it since you have nearly a day up on us here in the US of A and even posted it a day early if memory serves me right. (It probably doesn't)
Yeah, the Some Kind of Monster ripoff one I did was pretty good as well. I'd been sitting on that idea for a while.
Alittlevil
Has been

Post by Alittlevil »

hellboy wrote:
Krazy_blah wrote:That was a good one, but obvious. You got me a few years ago (or whenever it was) about Maynard possibly going to rehab and some live DVD or book by the band or something. Wasn't even thinking about it since you have nearly a day up on us here in the US of A and even posted it a day early if memory serves me right. (It probably doesn't)
Yeah, the Some Kind of Monster ripoff one I did was pretty good as well. I'd been sitting on that idea for a while.
Hell at this point Hellboy the perfect prank would be to just release some serious inside info you have as a joke and everyone would fall for it anyhow. Also come to Dallas some time so I can buy you a beer.
Ravenpig
Peen Taster

Post by Ravenpig »

Calfium Jay wrote:How anyone could look at that photo of Adam Jones' son at the mixing desk and come away with any other conclusion other than the new album is finished is beyond me.

You should check your email!
Hey! Denty!
greasy
Has been

Post by greasy »

Well, "A" new album is almost finished. Billy just announced new APC album will be released this year.
Yes, I am the same Greasy from the hubs (remember AMT?)

https://www.ebay.com/str/cgreinsky
Calfium Jay
Queric
Height: 189cm

Post by Calfium Jay »

Ravenpig wrote:
Calfium Jay wrote:How anyone could look at that photo of Adam Jones' son at the mixing desk and come away with any other conclusion other than the new album is finished is beyond me.

You should check your email!

hemmingway.
'It is time for us to be doing what we have been doing every day. And that time is now'

Actual quote from Kamala Harris
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Alittlevil wrote:
hellboy wrote:
Hell at this point Hellboy the perfect prank would be to just release some serious inside info you have as a joke and everyone would fall for it anyhow. Also come to Dallas some time so I can buy you a beer.
If only I had some info I could run with!

I'll get to Dallas one day buddy, I'd love to do a US tour with a different Fourtheye reader in each town buying me beer (or giving me a couch to sleep on)
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

I will join you for a beer hellboy. But you can buy , since i have donated to fourtheye for the last 3-4 years. ;)
go taff!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

budsyralli wrote:I will join you for a beer hellboy. But you can buy , since i have donated to fourtheye for the last 3-4 years. ;)
Happy to buy beers for any Fourtheye readers - supporter or not. Non-supporters might be limited to Bud or something though
budsyralli
Fornicraster
Height: this tall

Post by budsyralli »

If you ever come to northcoast british columbia we will fish and drink a few on the skeena river bank. World class fishing I tell you.
go taff!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

budsyralli wrote:If you ever come to northcoast british columbia we will fish and drink a few on the skeena river bank. World class fishing I tell you.
Always down so a few outdoor beers. Sounds great!
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

Interesting tweet from Maynard not long ago:
Maynard J Keenan‏ @mjkeenan 26m26 minutes ago
Don't believe every click bait headline you read.
Unsure what he's referring to exactly, but I can't help but feel it's related to the APC record label news
Krazy_blah
Fornicraster

Post by Krazy_blah »

Interesting. The APC stuff is pretty cut and dry, not really "click bait-y".

Early April Fools joke. o_O
xZ1mM3r
Barnacle Bill

Post by xZ1mM3r »

hellboy wrote:
I'll get to Dallas one day buddy, I'd love to do a US tour with a different Fourtheye reader in each town buying me beer (or giving me a couch to sleep on)
You have a couch, actually you'd have your own guest room, if you ever made it to Wyoming.
UndKeineZwEier
has a small dick

Post by UndKeineZwEier »

hellboy wrote:Interesting tweet from Maynard not long ago:
Maynard J Keenan‏ @mjkeenan 26m26 minutes ago
Don't believe every click bait headline you read.
Unsure what he's referring to exactly, but I can't help but feel it's related to the APC record label news
I think he's referring to all the headlines saying "New A Perfect Circle album in 2017," Billy has only said that they would have new material out this year, but if you read his comments it seems he's implying an EP or singles as opposed to a whole album.

Though, I thought the BMG press release said they were working on a new album, but they either edited it or it was never there to begin with. I'm pretty sure there was another paragraph at the bottom of the press release when I read it earlier though.
Don't mow your lawn
hellboy
Site Admin

Post by hellboy »

xZ1mM3r wrote:
hellboy wrote:
You have a couch, actually you'd have your own guest room, if you ever made it to Wyoming.
Thanks man - Wyoming is on my list of places to visit, as you have a few great National Parks there I'd be super keen on seeing.